Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Chicken Jambalaya recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Chicken Jambalaya recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Jambalaya recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Power Goodies.
Healthy and balanced eating encourages a feeling of well being. When we eat more healthy meals and less of the unhealthy ones we usually feel much better. A bit of pizza does not make you feel as healthy as ingesting a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s hard to find healthy foods for snacks between meals. You can spend numerous hours at the food market searching for the perfect snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. Why not try one of the following nutritious snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Certain foods made from whole grains are great for a fast snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread coupled with some protein will keep you until it’s time for lunch. Eating on the run can easily be healthier with whole fiber chips and crackers. Make the shift from refined products just like white bread to the healthier whole grain choices.
You do not have to look far to find a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the choice to be healthy, it’s easy to find exactly what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken jambalaya recipe. To cook chicken jambalaya you need 22 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chicken Jambalaya:
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 1 of small onion diced ¼ inch (about 1/2 cup a little extra is great:).
- Use 1/2 of each red bell pepper diced ¼ inch.
- Use 1/2 of each green bell pepper diced ¼ inch.
- Use 1 of ribs celery, diced ¼ inch.
- Take 4 cloves of garlic, chopped fine.
- You need 1 of bay leaf -remove at the end.
- Use 14.5 ounce of can diced tomatoes (use the juice).
- Provide 2 of cups+ chicken broth or stock (you might add additional if needed).
- Provide 1 cup of long-grain rice.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of oregano.
- Take 1/4 teaspoons of thyme.
- Get 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Get 1 1/2 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- Provide 5 tablespoon of Crystal hot sauce.
- Take 2 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- Get 1 teaspoon of paprika.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 16 ounces of Chicken – cooked diced.
- You need 6 ounces of Andouille sausage slice ¼ inch (smoked spicy Cajun sausage).
- You need 1/4 teaspoons of cayenne pepper.
- Use 1/4 cup of Parsley chopped- add in the last 2 minutes before service.
Steps to make Chicken Jambalaya:
- Heat butter in a large 5 qt sauce pan or Dutch oven Add onion, red and green bell pepper, celery, and garlic. Saute over medium heat until onion is tender, about 10 minutes. (trying not to brown).
- Add everything except the parsley Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minute, or until rice is cooked. Stir as needed so as not to burn..
- Note you can add more Chicken broth if needed..
- Adjust seasoning as needed. Add chopped parsley in the last 2 minutes before service Remove the bay-leaf.
According to the dictionary, jambalaya is "rice cooked usually with ham, sausage, chicken, shrimp, or oysters and seasoned with herbs." In talking with lovers of authentic Creole food, this statement is as close as you will get to having people agree on what jambalaya really is. Opinions differ on how to cook a proper jambalaya, just as they differ on how to cook a gumbo or whether you. Heat the oil in a small Dutch oven or heavy lidded pot over medium-high heat. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside. The jambalaya is best when served directly out of the cast iron pot.
If you find this Chicken Jambalaya recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.