Pork belly tacos. The toppings for these pork belly tacos are a fusion of Mexican and Asian inspired flavors: cabbage, cilantro, jalapeño, green onion and a light drizzle of spicy-salty-tangy mayonnaise. Paleo pork belly tacos are so satisfying, you can't help but devour every last morsel! The showstopper of this pork belly taco recipe is the green onion sauce with pickled watermelon rind.
Luckily, these pork tacos are insanely easy to make. Get a margarita in your hand and these Pork Belly Tacos with Ancho Chili Roasted Pineapple and Avocado in your belly… it's Cinco de Mayo people! Pork Belly Tacos with Pineapple Salsa.
Hey everyone, it’s Drew, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, pork belly tacos. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Pork belly tacos is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Pork belly tacos is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
The toppings for these pork belly tacos are a fusion of Mexican and Asian inspired flavors: cabbage, cilantro, jalapeño, green onion and a light drizzle of spicy-salty-tangy mayonnaise. Paleo pork belly tacos are so satisfying, you can't help but devour every last morsel! The showstopper of this pork belly taco recipe is the green onion sauce with pickled watermelon rind.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have pork belly tacos using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Pork belly tacos:
- Make ready 4 lb of pork belly.
- Make ready of Olive oil.
- Get of Dry rub with low sugar.
- Make ready of Corn tortillas.
- Make ready of Flour tortillas.
- Take of Additional topping options.
- Get of Shredded cabbage for crunch.
- Prepare of Fresh salsa.
- Take of Mexican cojita cheese crumbles.
- Get of Diced onions.
- Get of Cilantro.
- Take of Limes.
- Get of Tomatoes.
I love them so damn much that I would probably give up my first unborn child to eat these every day of my life. Pork Belly Recipes~Pork Belly Tacos – La Piña en la Cocina. For the longest time I have been wanting to cook a recipe that involved pork belly. The problem was that I could not find it in any of my.
Steps to make Pork belly tacos:
- Remove pork belly from packaging and rinse with cold tap water. Pat dry and set on a cookie sheet..
- Slice top side of skin into 1.5 to 2 in squares just deep enough to get to the fat layer..
- Rub entire belly with olive oil..
- Cover entire belly with dry rub. (use a low sugar rub to avoid burning) I prefer a mixture of blacking seasoning and light dashes of Slap Yo Mamas..
- Cook @325 for 3.5 hours. Then last 20 minutes broil on low to get a crispy layer..
- Bake for 3.5 hours on a stainless steel rack inset in a cookie sheet. This ensures the belly is above the drippings and helps get the entire surface roasted evenly. The pork belly is done after the entire belly is a consistent color and will be soft if you probe it with a wooden skewer or fork. The meat should tear from the edge fairly easy. Last 20- 30minutes turn on your broiler on low to turn on the top side heating element. This will crispy the top even more but becareful not to let it burn..
- The risk of over cooking is lower since it is a high fat content cut..
- Once the belly is pulled from oven slice 1 inch slices the length of the belly if you are going to serve immediately or let cool on rack on counter and put away in fridge without slicing. Either way you choose the next step is the same. Once sliced in strips cut slices into chunks..
- Get a pan hot med to high heat preferably a cast iron pan and put chunks in. As the cold fat starts to soften break up with the spoon into shreds as big as you would like. If serving straight out the oven break up the chunks into shreds. You are going to quickly sear the shreds as crispy as you would prefer..
- Once meat is to your liking remove meat to serving dish. Fry your corn tortillas in the same pan the belly was cooked in for extra flavor. You can use a hot skillet to heat corn or flour tortillas..
Remove the pork belly from the marinade and place on the grill. We all know that kimchi and pork belly are a match made in heaven, but pork belly is one of those cuts of meat that usually benefits from a nice long braise. Fill each tortilla with a slice or two of pork belly and top with pickled slaw. Season pork belly all over with smoked paprika, salt, and black pepper. Boiling the pork belly before hand makes it super soft.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food pork belly tacos recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!