Bhetki fish curry. One of the simplest, mildly spiced Bengali fish curry is Doi Bhetki. It's mild in flavours and yogurt adds the perfect sourness to the curry. Bengal curry is a perfect blend of sweet and spices.
This bhetki curry is made Bengali style, so that means a generous amount of mustard oil along with some spices to enhance the taste. Don't let the mustard oil scare you away. I have shared few recipes with it earlier.
Hey everyone, it is Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, bhetki fish curry. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
One of the simplest, mildly spiced Bengali fish curry is Doi Bhetki. It's mild in flavours and yogurt adds the perfect sourness to the curry. Bengal curry is a perfect blend of sweet and spices.
Bhetki fish curry is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They are fine and they look wonderful. Bhetki fish curry is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook bhetki fish curry using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Bhetki fish curry:
- Prepare 1 of bhetki fish piece.
- Get 1/2 of Potato cubed.
- Make ready 1 of onion chopped.
- Take 1 of tomato chopped.
- Make ready 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Take 1/4 tsp of garam masala powder.
- Take 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cumin seed.
- Take 1 of bay leaf.
- Take 1/3 tsp of red chilli Powder.
- Prepare To taste of salt and sugar.
- Prepare As needed of oil.
Barramundi fish which is very commonly says in Arabian Countries as Seabass and in Bengali it's Bhetki Fish. Very soft fish and delicate, here for you presen. Bhetki Jhol (seabass Fish Curry) Bhetki is a popular fish in kolkata. It is known as barramundi or seabass in English.
Steps to make Bhetki fish curry:
- Heat oil deep fry the fish with salt and turmeric powder.
- Keep it aside and temper cumin seed bay leaf.
- Make a paste of onion ginger garlic and tomato.
- Add it to the pan and saute well adding salt and turmeric powder.
- Add red chilli Powder and mix well.
- As oil starts releasing add Potatoes and saute well, add water.
- Cover it till it is soft add fish and simmer.
- Now add garam masala powder and sugar mix well.
The fish has a sweet flavor and tastes great in curries. Once cooled make a paste of the boiled onion. Ingredients for cooking Bhetki Macher Kaliya (Spicy Seabass Fish Curry, Bengali style) Bhetki Fish (Sea-bass/ Barracuda) First, take boneless fish meat and make fish fillets (or fish slices) out of it by a sharp knife. This is an ideal fish curry where I have used Bhetki fish, but you can experiment with any of your favourite fish. It is a very simple and an easy preparation of fish cooked with yoghurt in a dum style.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food bhetki fish curry recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!