Muri Ghonto. Here is another famous Bengali Traditional food Muri Ghonto Recipe. It is a very popular Bengali recipe with Fish Head. So let's watch how to make Muri.
MURI GHONTO is an authentic fish dish for a Bengali. Being a Bengali, I have always loved fish and Muri Ghonto is among my favourite fish dishes. About Muri Ghonto Recipe : Muri Ghonto is a traditional Assamese and Bengali recipe, and is very popular in these states.
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, muri ghonto. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Muri Ghonto is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Muri Ghonto is something which I have loved my whole life.
Here is another famous Bengali Traditional food Muri Ghonto Recipe. It is a very popular Bengali recipe with Fish Head. So let's watch how to make Muri.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook muri ghonto using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Muri Ghonto:
- Make ready 1 cup of Gobindo bhog Rice.
- Get 1 of large onion chopped.
- Take 1 of large potato peeled and chopped into 1” squares.
- Get 2 of Fish heads (can be Katla or Ruhu or Ilish or Bhetki). I chose Bhetki.
- Get 1-2 of green chillies slit.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ginger paste.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Get 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Get 3-4 Tbsp of ghee.
- Take 3 tsp of mustard oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garam Masala Powder to garnish.
- Make ready to taste of Salt.
It is a basic fish head stew cooked with lentils along with a melange of spices. Muri Ghonto for example is an interesting Indian fish recipe and is very popular Bengali recipe. The basic ingredients of this Indian fish recipe are the head of fish and rice. Muri Ghonto is a traditional Assamese and Bengali recipe, and is very popular in these states.
Steps to make Muri Ghonto:
- Wash the Potato and chop the onions. Peel the potato and cut into 1” squares..
- Smear the fish head after wash with turmeric powder and salt and in a pan in heated mustard oil fry the fish heads. Set aside.
- Wash the rice and drain. Spread the rice on a plate.
- In a wok heat oil & ghee and add chopped onions and fry till brown in colour. Add rice and fry till slightly brown but keep stirring so that it doesn’t burn in the bottom.
- Add ginger paste, turmeric powder and chill powder. Stir. Add salt. Add potatoes and break the fish heads and add to the rice. Stir very well..
- Add enough water so that rice would be cooked and potatoes too. The water should be absorbed. Cover but keep stirring in between.
- Garnish with garam masala powder and little ghee. Serve hot.
It is a basic fish head stew cooked with lentils along with a melange of spices which gives it scrumptious. Muri Ghonto is a rich Bengali delicacy, says Urmimala, a food blogger. The side dish, she says, is cooked with rice and fried fish head of rohu or katla (known as maacher matha or muro in Bengali). Muri Ghonto or A Dry Rice Dish With Fish Headis an Authentic Bengali dish, prepared with rice and pre- fried fish-head where both are cooked together. Bengali muri ghonto recipe, Muri ghonto recipe in Bengali with English Subtitles.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food muri ghonto recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!