Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Shorty's Red Beans and Rice – Easy style recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Shorty's Red Beans and Rice – Easy style recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons why this is so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of people who are dealing with health problems such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Although we’re incessantly being advised to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. In all likelihood, most people assume that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. It is possible, though, to make some simple changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
You can obtain results without removing foods from your diet or make considerable changes immediately. It’s not a bad idea if you want to make considerable changes, but the most crucial thing is to gradually switch to making healthier eating selections. Soon enough, you will discover that you actually prefer to consume healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will see that you won’t wish to eat the old diet.
Thus, it should be quite obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to shorty's red beans and rice – easy style recipe. You can have shorty's red beans and rice – easy style using 12 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Shorty's Red Beans and Rice – Easy style:
- Provide 1 of Green Bell Pepper – diced.
- Get 3 (15.5 oz) cans of Red Beans (rinsed and drained). The cans should be labeled Red Beans (not kidney beans)… Sometimes smaller groceries won't carry this kind of canned bean. You can always substitute dry Red beans (prepped) and use broth instead of water.
- Provide 4 cloves of garlic – minced.
- Use 3-4 stalks of celery – diced.
- Take 1 of onion – diced.
- Use 1 lb of Andouille Sausage.
- Use 1/2 teaspoon of Cayenne pepper.
- Use 1 of bay leaf.
- Get 1/4 teaspoon of rubbed sage.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of cumin.
- Get 2 cup of water.
- Use 2 teaspoons of Hot sauce (Tabasco or similar) or to taste.
Instructions to make Shorty's Red Beans and Rice – Easy style:
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Dice up onion, bell pepper, and celery into bean-sized bits as indicated above.
- Brown andouille sausage over medium/high heat in a separate pan. Should be slightly browned and crispy when done.
- Sauté vegetables in olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic half about 5 minutes after beginning to sauté. Continue to sauté until the onions are translucent but not brown..
- Add water to sautéed vegetables..
- Add rinsed and drained red beans to the vegetables and broth.
- Add cumin, cayenne, and bayleaf to vegetable mixture.
- Bring bean/veggies to a simmer.
- After the beans come to a simmer, add a smidgen of water (2 tbsp) to the pan with the fried andouille. Then pour the browned andouille and the juice into to the beans..
- Place your pot of beans covered into the oven on 350F for 45 minutes. Consider starting the rice while this is in the oven.
- Begin cooking rice of your choosing (white and plain brown are tastey choices).
- Optional method to thicken the beans: 10-15 min before done cooking, scoop 1/2 cup of the broth into a cup. Add 1 tablespoon of corn starch, and dissolve in the liquid. Pour back into the pot and allow to cook remaining time..
- Serve over rice of your choosing.
This classic recipe is so easy to make! Bold and flavorful, this comforting meal is sure to fill you up with tender beans and spicy sausage. Red Beans and rice is a true southern classic, coming straight from Louisiana! This dish is big on flavor, but easy on your time. Made with red beans, andouille sausage and a variety of.
If you find this Shorty's Red Beans and Rice – Easy style recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.