Koi macher jhaal (climbing fish curry). Koi fish is also known as Climbing Perch, and any recipe you are cooking with this fish, tastes great. Koi Macher Jhal is a very popular recipe of bengal where the fish is cooked in thick and rich onion gravy with fresh coriander leaves. It's a must try recipe for all fish lovers.
This is one of such recipie which is spicy and tasty. Koi Macher Jhol is a traditional Bengali cuisine which can be cooked with less preparations and the shortest of time. Today I will show you how to make it with the simplest way as it could be.
Hey everyone, it’s Drew, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, koi macher jhaal (climbing fish curry). One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Koi macher jhaal (climbing fish curry) is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Koi macher jhaal (climbing fish curry) is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
Koi fish is also known as Climbing Perch, and any recipe you are cooking with this fish, tastes great. Koi Macher Jhal is a very popular recipe of bengal where the fish is cooked in thick and rich onion gravy with fresh coriander leaves. It's a must try recipe for all fish lovers.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook koi macher jhaal (climbing fish curry) using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Koi macher jhaal (climbing fish curry):
- Take 2 of whole fish properly descaled and cleaned1 onion grinded into paste.
- Get 1 of " ginger paste.
- Get 4-5 cloves of garlic minced.
- Get 1 of tomato chopped.
- Take 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of red chilli Powder.
- Make ready 2 of slit green chillies.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of jeera seeds.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Make ready To taste of salt.
- Take As needed of oil.
Now add in fried Koi fish to the above simmering gravy. If you want a dry preparation with fish add less water. Garnish with lots of coriander leaves. Ask the fish seller to de-gill the fish.
Steps to make Koi macher jhaal (climbing fish curry):
- Marinate the fish with salt and turmeric powder.
- Heat oil properly and deep fry the fish,keep aside.
- Temper jeera seeds and bay leaf in the same pan.
- Add onion paste saute till it gets brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste saute till raw smell goes away.
- Add salt and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Now add the red chilli Powder and tomatoes fry the masalas.
- As masala starts releasing oil add the fish and simmer for 10 mnts on low heat.
- Finally add garam masala powder and slitted green chilli.
- Serve it with plain rice.
Koi fish is sweet, fleshy and has hook-like bones. I have once suffered the pain a Koi bone can cause to the throat, while eating a delicious curry made with mustard and green chilies, often called a Jhaal in Bangla. The Koi we eat should not be confused with the Japanese ornamental brocaded ones by the same name. Koi Macher Jhol/Bengali Climbing Perch Fish Stew A very Bengali Koi Macher Jhol/fish stew with cauliflower,. Labels: Bengali, Easy recipe, Fish Curry, Gluten free, Grain free, No garlic, No onion, Seafood and Fish, soy free, Winter.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food koi macher jhaal (climbing fish curry) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!