Vegetarian Lancashire Hot Pot. Succulent lamb in a meaty gravy, topped with potatoes that are tender underneath and crisp on top. We start by frying off some diced lamb in a hot pan. Remove the lamb, then soften the onions in the same pan and add the lamb back in.
Add the oil and, once hot, add the onion and a pinch of salt. Lancashire Hot Pot competition with Marcus Wareing. Lancashire hotpot is a stew originating from Lancashire in the North West of England.
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, vegetarian lancashire hot pot. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Succulent lamb in a meaty gravy, topped with potatoes that are tender underneath and crisp on top. We start by frying off some diced lamb in a hot pan. Remove the lamb, then soften the onions in the same pan and add the lamb back in.
Vegetarian Lancashire Hot Pot is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Vegetarian Lancashire Hot Pot is something that I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook vegetarian lancashire hot pot using 22 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Vegetarian Lancashire Hot Pot:
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter.
- Make ready 250 grams of red or green lentils.
- Get 5 medium of russet or yellow potatoes, boiled and sliced.
- Make ready 12 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Make ready 2 large of white onion.
- Prepare 2 medium of carrots, peeled and chopped.
- Take 6 stalks of celery.
- Get 1 medium of leek.
- Make ready 4 large of red or serrano chili peppers, with seeds.
- Get 1 large tin of diced tomatoes (3 cups).
- Make ready 1 tbsp of curry powder.
- Make ready 1 small tin of tomato paste.
- Make ready 250 ml of vegetable stock (1-1.5 cups).
- Make ready 1 tsp of vegemite.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Take 2 tbsp of black pepper.
- Take 1 tbsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 2 large of turnips, boiled and chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt (optional).
- Prepare 1 cup of red or white wine.
- Get 1 tbsp of tumeric.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of garam masala.
It consists of lamb or mutton and onion, topped with sliced potatoes and baked in a heavy pot on a low heat. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Lancashire hotpot consists of lamb or mutton and onion, and it is topped with sliced potatoes and baked in a heavy pot on a low heat. A vegetarian version of the traditional British dish Lancashire hotpot, made with sausages and plenty of vegetables, topped with a layer of crispy potatoes.
Steps to make Vegetarian Lancashire Hot Pot:
- Rinse lentils and dump into boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Place potatoes and turnips (peeling optional) in cold water and slowly bring to boil, boiling gently for 30 minutes. Let cool before chopping the turnips and slicing the potatoes..
- Melt butter in an oven safe dish on the stove (or prepare casserole dish for oven transfer later) over medium heat.
- Add garlic, onion, carrots, celery, leeks and chili peppers until slightly sweated.
- Once slightly sweated, add all spices EXCEPT the paprika and work into the dish, allowing for the spices to infuse the veggies..
- Once the ingredients start sticking slightly to the bottom of the pan, splash in the cup of wine to deglaze and allow to cook until the alcohol burns off..
- Add the diced tomatoes, vegemite, tomato paste and worcestershire sauce to the pot. Cover until boiling, then lower heat to low and preheat the oven to 350°F..
- Cook low and slow on the stove for 30 minutes before adding the turnips and lentils. Stir around and add the vegetable stock.
- Either dump the contents into an ovensafe dish or in the same pot, neatly arrange the sliced potatoes over the top, slightly overlapping each potato in a concentric circle..
- If necessary, add a bit more vegetable stock until it is just below the level of the potatoes. Now sprinkle the potatoes with the paprika and pop into the preheated oven for 60 minutes..
This vegan dish is tasty, hearty and cheap to make. For a quick and easy vegan or vegetarian meal – this is perfect. Place the dishes under a preheated hot grill until the potato topping looks golden and crispy. Top tip for making Simon Rimmer's vegan Lancashire hot-pot. A lighter version of this English Classic.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food vegetarian lancashire hot pot recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!