Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Dandelion Shortbread Cookies recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Dandelion Shortbread Cookies recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons for this. There are a number of diseases linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. It is likely that a lot of people believe it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by carrying out some modest changes.
These changes are easy to accomplish with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. It also is a good source of vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. It might be that you already think that you consume fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. If at all possible, try to buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous chemical substances. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier because you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
As you can see, it is easy to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to dandelion shortbread cookies recipe. You can have dandelion shortbread cookies using 5 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Dandelion Shortbread Cookies:
- Prepare 1/2 c (2 sticks) of butter softened.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/4-1 cup of dandelion petals (just yellow).
- Prepare 2 1/2 c of AP flour.
- Get Splash of milk.
Instructions to make Dandelion Shortbread Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 325. Mix butter & sugar with a mixer until fluffy (about 3 min). Add dandelion petals & beat to incorporate. (Add as many or as little as you feel comfortable)..
- Gradually add flour, beat to incorporate. Add splash of milk, beat another minute if desired. Knead dough with hands to really mix. Now choose: 1.) Roll out dough & use a cookie cutter or 2.) Roll dough into a ball and dip in white sugar. *I did 2* Bake 20-25 minutes, until bottom is golden brown. Take out & let cool. Remember shortbread is not a sweet cookie, best served with milk, tea or coffee..
There is no need to frost them. Pulling apart dandelion petals to mix into the cookie dough was like the adult version of blowing dandelion seed heads into the wind making a grand wish as a child. The only difference was the petals were not blown into the wind, and the mess remained on the kitchen counter. I love foraging with my sons. It's so great that they see that food can come from the earth AND the grocery store.
If you find this Dandelion Shortbread Cookies recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.