Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Purple Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Purple Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Purple Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for doing this. Poor diet is one factor in illnesses such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a bad way. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets call for much work and will significantly change how they live and eat. In reality, though, simply making some small changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
You can see results without removing foods from your diet or make huge changes right away. If you would like to commit to a wholesale change, that is OK but the main thing at first is to try to make sure that you are making more healthy eating choices. As you become accustomed to the taste of these foods, you will see that you’re eating more healthily than you used to. Gradually, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will completely replace the way you ate previously.
All in all, it is not hard to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to purple sweet potato gnocchi with sage brown butter recipe. To cook purple sweet potato gnocchi with sage brown butter you only need 9 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Purple Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter:
- Provide of purple sweet potatoes (about 3-4 medium potatoes).
- Use of eggs.
- Take of dried sage.
- Provide of nutmeg.
- You need of salt.
- You need of flour plus extra for dusting.
- Prepare of butter.
- You need of fresh sage chopped.
- Use of grated Parmesan cheese.
Steps to make Purple Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter:
- Preheat oven to 350 and roast sweet potatoes until tender. About 30-40 min..
- Remove skin from potatoes and mash insides with a fork or potato masher. Once mashed, you must allow the potatoes to completely cook. You can put the potatoes in the refrigerator or freezer to speed the cooling process..
- Pour the flour onto a clean dry countertop and shape it into a ring..
- Crack eggs into the center of the ring and beat with a fork. Do not mix any of the flour into the egg mixture as this time. Add the dried sage, nutmeg, and salt to the eggs..
- Add the mashed sweet potatoes to the egg mixture and combine..
- Using your hands, slowly start to mix the flour into the potato mixture. Gently Knead the dough until well combined and no longer sticky. If the dough is too sticky, add more flour..
- Dust flour on the countertop, roll dough into large ball, and cut ball into four pieces..
- Roll each quarter into long strands approximately 1 inch in diameter..
- Cut gnocchi into 1 inch cubes and separate on baking sheet. Do not allow gnocchi to touch as they will likely stick together..
- At this point you can either put baking tray in freezer to freeze gnocchi for later use, or boil water for immediate use..
- Add gnocchi to boiled salted water and cook until they rise to the top. About 2-3 minutes..
- Drain pot and reserve about a 1/4 cup of the pasta water..
- Add butter to a large saucepan and melt. Once butter starts to foam, add fresh sage and fry until crispy. When butter starts to brown (make sure it doesn’t burn) add the pasta water and stir. The pasta water should thicken the butter and make the sauce creamier..
- Add gnocchi to pan and stir to coat with butter sauce. Once combined, remove gnocchi from pan and top with grated Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!.
If you find this Purple Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.