Dim Sum Radish Cake. I am honoured to be sharing my mother in law's famous turnip cake recipe! This is a classic dim sum dish, but it's something my MIL always makes for us every. It is been a while since the last time I post a dim sum recipe.
Classic dim sum dish-Chinese turnip cake (Radish cake). Chinese radish cake or turnip cake is a famous Chinese dessert available during the morning dim sum, Yun Cha. In Chinese, we name this type of cake as Gao in marinade or Gow in Cantonese dialect.
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, dim sum radish cake. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
I am honoured to be sharing my mother in law's famous turnip cake recipe! This is a classic dim sum dish, but it's something my MIL always makes for us every. It is been a while since the last time I post a dim sum recipe.
Dim Sum Radish Cake is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look fantastic. Dim Sum Radish Cake is something that I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have dim sum radish cake using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Dim Sum Radish Cake:
- Prepare 4 cups of White radish/Turnip Shredded.
- Make ready 500 g of Short grain rice flour.
- Take 2 1/2 cup (750 ml) of Water.
- Make ready 3 pcs of Chinese sausages diced.
- Get 8-10 pcs. of Shitake mushroom diced.
- Prepare 3 1/2 cup (875 ml) of Water.
- Make ready 2 tsp of Salt.
- Get 4 tbsp of Chicken Stock.
- Get 1 tsp of White Pepper.
- Get 1 tsp of Sugar.
This savory turnip cake (also called radish cake, lo bak go) is a traditional dish served at dim sum restaurant along with other delicacies like shumai and barbecue pork bun. It is not hard to make turnip cake at home. Dim sum is a large range of small dishes that Cantonese people traditionally enjoy in restaurants for breakfast and lunch. In the tenth century, when the city of Guangzhou (Canton).
Instructions to make Dim Sum Radish Cake:
- Prepare all ingredients: Shred radish, dice sausages and shitake mushroom..
- Mix rice flour and water (2 ½ cup / 750ml), set aside..
- Add oil to frying pan, add sausages, shitake mushroom and all seasonings, mix until fragrant..
- Panfry shredded radish for a few minus, and then add step 3. Add the last water (3 ½ cup / 875ml). Cook for 5 minutes..
- Add rice flour mix (step 2) into the pan and mix well..
- Get ready to steam: Oil your container. Use either rice cooker or regular bowl to steam your radish cake. Steam for 30-50 minutes, until harden..
- Cut into slices and panfry until slightly browned over medium-low heat..
- Ready to serve! Enjoy! Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more simple and delicious recipes! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Fgle9gk5Jh7lB1lq8XOMw.
Steamed Radish Cake aka Carrot Cake/ Lo Bak Go 蒸萝卜糕. Steamed Radish Cake 蒸萝卜糕 – A classic dim sum dish that usually served steamed Turnip cake is a traditional Chinese snack served at dim sum. Our family turnip cake lo bak go recipe uses Chinese sausage, dried shrimp, mushrooms. Dim sum is a Cantonese style dish that is usually a bite-sized portion. You can further explain it as a collection of bite-sized food or snack that contain It's a pan-fried cake that is made with the following ingredients: the shredded daikon radish, taro root, rice flour, water chestnut, diced ham, dried shrimp.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food dim sum radish cake recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!