Old fashion sponge cake. The Best Old Fashioned Sponge Cake – A basic yet versatile sponge cake recipe that become the basis for many different desserts, trifles or dessert cakes. I have eaten of this many times with great satisfaction and expect the same in eating of the one which, I am just informed, is ready for tea. Yet, I give several others to meet all circumstances and desires.
Just a simple, classic sponge cake. It's an old family favourite and has so many memories attached to it. Food Cakes, Cupcake Cakes, Cake Merchant, Patisserie Fine, Yummy Treats, Sweet Treats, Cake Recipes, Dessert Recipes, Köstliche Desserts.
Hello everybody, it is John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, old fashion sponge cake. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Old fashion sponge cake is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Old fashion sponge cake is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
The Best Old Fashioned Sponge Cake – A basic yet versatile sponge cake recipe that become the basis for many different desserts, trifles or dessert cakes. I have eaten of this many times with great satisfaction and expect the same in eating of the one which, I am just informed, is ready for tea. Yet, I give several others to meet all circumstances and desires.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook old fashion sponge cake using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Old fashion sponge cake:
- Take 75 g of vegetable oil.
- Make ready 110 g of cake flour.
- Get 2 tbs of cocoa powder.
- Take 75 g of Orange Juice.
- Get 15 g of golden syrup.
- Prepare 6 of yolks.
- Get 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Make ready 6 of egg whites.
- Take 120 g of -150g sugar (I use 100g and decorated with icing sugar).
- Get 1/8 tsp of cream of tartar (optional).
- Prepare of Line the base of an 8″ round pan and grease the sides (can use spring form pan).
Eggs should be at room temperature. Very close to the traditional pound cake – with the added flavour of browned butter, and some extra lightness from the whipped egg whites. Find sponge cake stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. You're currently using an older browser and your experience may not be optimal.
Instructions to make Old fashion sponge cake:
- 1. Heat oil in a saucepan on low fire until just simmering. If you have a thermometer it’s around 65oC ~70oC..
- Remove and immediately add the flour and stir with a whisk until smooth. Add syrup, orange juice, salt. Stir to combine. Add egg one by one and mix until smooth and runny. Set aside..
- Beat egg white with cream of tartar until foamy then gradually add sugar to beat until firm peak form..
- Add 1/3 of the meringue into the yolk batter and using the hand whisk to mix until combined. Pour this mixture to the meringue again and whisk quickly. At last, using a spatula to fold up the batter until no more yolk batter can be seen..
- Devide the batter in 2. Mix with 2 tbs of cocoa powder. Pour in 2 different measuring cups. Pour equally white batter and cocoa batter in to the pan at the same time..
- Use a tooth skewer to draw marble pattern..
- Preheat the oven with only the upper heating coil at 170oC. Put a tray of hot water at the lowest rack of the oven. Put the baking pan on to the 2nd rack of the oven. Bake steam bath about 40’. After 40 minutes, reduce the temperature to 150 degree with both the upper and lower heating, for another 30’ minutes..
- Remove the cake with the pan from oven and drop them to the table top from a height of about 8 cm. This is to prevent the cake from excessive shrinkage during cooling. Run a spatula round the edge of the warm cake to dislodge it from the mould. Allow the cake to cool down completely before cutting..
- Best served after 2 hours of refrigeration!.
- Cut in to slices!.
- So moist!.
- Love the soft texture!.
Old Fashion Sponge Cake is part of the Cakes recipes category. See recipes for Countdown Sponge Cake, Lemon Sponge Cake too. One of them was this old fashioned steamed egg sponge cake, I was so glad to see this smiling cake, so perfect to chop with 福 (Fu- blessing) stamp. Anyway, i feel this steamed cake has less egg aroma and the texture is compact if compare to the earlier Jane's Ah Mah Ji Dan Gao, i guess due to this. Photo about Old fashion Victoria sponge layer cake with fresh cream and strawberries.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food old fashion sponge cake recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!