Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Mexican Piggy Cookies recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mexican Piggy Cookies recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mexican Piggy Cookies recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Enhancing Snack foods.
Healthy eating promotes a feeling of wellness. When we eat more healthy meals and a smaller amount of the unhealthy ones we generally feel much better. A little bit of pizza does not make you feel as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. This is often a problem, nevertheless, with regards to eating between goodies. You can spend hours at the food market searching for the perfect snack foods to help you feel healthy. Why not try one of the following wholesome snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
If you are looking for a speedy snack, you can’t go drastically wrong with a whole grain one. Starting your working day with a piece of whole grain toasted bread can give you that additional boost you need to get going. Chips and crackers produced from whole grains can be great for quick snacks to eat on the go. Make the change from refined products just like white bread to the healthier whole grain options.
You don’t have to look far to discover a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the choice to be healthy, it’s easy to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mexican piggy cookies recipe. You can have mexican piggy cookies using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Mexican Piggy Cookies:
- Get 1 1/4 cup of dark brown sugar.
- Provide 1/4 cup of softened butter (shortening is more traditional).
- Take 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Take 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Take 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 cup of black strap molasses.
- Provide 1 of egg.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of almond milk.
- Provide 6 cups of AP flour.
- Prepare 1 of egg for egg wash.
Steps to make Mexican Piggy Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream together sugar, butter, soda, salt, cinnamon, vanilla.
- Add molasses, egg and milk. Mix..
- Gradually add flour and mix thoroughly.
- Flour table, cutter and rolling pin.
- Roll out dough to about 1/4 inch thick and cut as many cookies as you can..
- Place cookies on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Roll out and cut cookies until all dough is used.
- In small bowl, whisk egg. Using small brush, paint top of each cookie.
- Bake 15-17 mins, let set up on pan for several minutes before transferring onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once completely cool, store in air tight container..
Place on the prepared baking sheet. Place on the prepared baking sheet. To mark Cinco de Mayo, NPR revisits a "Found Recipes" story from Washington, D. For years she'd heard about these soft, cakey cookies cut out in the shape of pigs. Mexican Piggy Cookies are known by many names — cerditos, cochinitos, marranitos or puerquitos.
If you find this Mexican Piggy Cookies recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.