Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Better than Salt Dough Holiday Ornament Clay recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Better than Salt Dough Holiday Ornament Clay recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Better than Salt Dough Holiday Ornament Clay recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Deciding to eat healthily offers great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who suffer from health problems such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. Most likely, a lot of people assume that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, though, simply making some minor changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
Initially, you must be extremely careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your shopping cart that you no longer wish to eat. For example, in all likelihood you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out how much sugar it has. One nutritious alternative that can give you a good start to your day is oatmeal. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, try mixing in fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one small change to your diet has been achieved.
Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to better than salt dough holiday ornament clay recipe. To make better than salt dough holiday ornament clay you only need 4 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Better than Salt Dough Holiday Ornament Clay:
- Prepare 1 cup of baking soda.
- Take 1/2 cup of cornstarch – lightly packed.
- Use 3/4 cup of water.
- Get of Optional – gel food coloring and/or glitter.
Instructions to make Better than Salt Dough Holiday Ornament Clay:
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat use a rubber spatula/scraper to stir together baking soda, cornstarch, and water until combined..
- Heat until consistency resembles thin mashed potatoes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and continue stirring until consistency is like a soft putty..
- Transfer mixture to a medium sized mixing bowl. Cover directly with plastic wrap. Let sit until completely cooled..
- Once cooled turn clay out onto a smooth surface and knead until smooth. Add additional cornstarch if clay is too sticky/wet..
- Preheat oven to 200°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll out dough to 1/4" thick. Use cookie cutters to make desired shapes..
- Place pieces on baking sheet, poke a hole in the top of each piece with a skewer or drinking straw so you can thread ribbon/string through for hanging when done..
- Bake in oven until pieces are dry and hardened, usually takes about 1 hr at 1/4" thick. Be sure to flip pieces over halfway through baking for even drying..
- Let cool completely on baking sheet. Decorate as desired..
- See note below ⤵.
- Note: To make ornaments colored before baking add desired amount of food coloring (in any color you want) to water before mixing with baking sold and cornstarch. To make glittery ornaments, add glitter while kneading..
Better Than Salt Dough Homemade Clay for Ornaments or Handprints Tags: Clay , Dough , Handprints , Homemade , Ornaments , Salt lilmoocreations.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon. We tested popular DIY air dry clay recipes to find the best homemade clay for craft projects! Comparisons of baking soda clay vs glue and cornstarch clay, with tips and tricks on how to make strong and durable air dry clay!. I am currently addicted to homemade air dry clay! It is such a fun crafting material (even better than salt dough!) for kids and adults.
If you find this Better than Salt Dough Holiday Ornament Clay recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.