Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Pumpkin Hand Pies recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pumpkin Hand Pies recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that offer You Vitality.
Ingesting healthy foods tends to make all the difference in how we feel. We tend to feel way less gross whenever we increase our intake of wholesome foods and decrease our consumption of processed foods. A little bit of pizza will not make you feel as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. Choosing healthier food choices can be challenging if it is snack time. Finding snacks that help us feel better and boost our energy levels often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. Here are some healthy snacks that can be used when you need a quick pick me up.
If you are not hypersensitive to nuts, try consuming some almonds! Almonds have a multitude of health benefits and are an excellent choice when you require a shot of energy. Different minerals and vitamins are found in these wonderful nuts. Tryptophan, an enzyme also contained in turkey that causes drowsiness, is found in almonds. Having said that, you won’t need a nap after eating and enjoying almonds. These nuts relax the muscles and offer a general sense of comfort. Your emotional state can often be lifted by simply eating almonds.
You will find lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. Being healthier doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite uncomplicated.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to pumpkin hand pies recipe. You can cook pumpkin hand pies using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Pumpkin Hand Pies:
- Provide 2 of Store bought pie crust (or homemade).
- You need 1 cup of pumpkin puree.
- Use 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- Get 1 of large egg, beaten.
- Prepare of Cinnamon sugar, for topping.
Instructions to make Pumpkin Hand Pies:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper and set it aside..
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla extract. In a separate, small bowl, beat the egg. Set these aside..
- Roll out your pie crusts and use a large circular cookie cutter (mine was about a 3.5 inch size) or the top of a drinking glass to cut out circles from the dough. Reroll out the scraps and continue to cut out circles to use up all the crust dough..
- Place half the dough circles on the prepared baking sheet. Place a spoonful of the pie filling in the center of each dough circle..
- Working one at a time, dip the tip of your finger in water and run it around the edges of the dough circle. Then place one of the remaining dough circles on top and use your fingers to seal around the edges. Once you have all the top circles on, use the tines of a fork to crimp around the edges of each pie..
- Use a sharp knife to poke 2 or 3 small holes in the top of each pie. Then brush the beaten egg over each one. After the egg wash, lightly sprinkle each pie with cinnamon sugar..
- Bake the pies in the oven for 16-20 minutes, or until they are golden brown..
- Allow them to cool slightly before serving, as the filling will be quite hot. If you have any leftovers, store them in the fridge..
I did add an egg yolk to the filling. I knew it would add richness and also be a binding agent. Let me tell you how I whip these hand pies up. To make the filling, mix the pumpkin, brown sugar, spices and heavy cream in a bowl. I'm so excited baking season is back and of course pumpkin spice everything!.
If you find this Pumpkin Hand Pies recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.