Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Holiday Cran-Strawberry Jam recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Holiday Cran-Strawberry Jam recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Holiday Cran-Strawberry Jam recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Strength Raising Treats.
Healthy and balanced eating promotes a feeling of health and wellbeing. Increasing our intake of sensible foods while reducing the intake of unhealthy kinds plays a part in a more healthy feeling. Eating more vegetables helps you feel a lot better than eating a slice of pizza. This can be a problem, nonetheless, when it comes to eating between meals. Finding goodies that really help us feel better and increase our energy levels often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting snack.
Foods made from whole grains are excellent for a quick snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread together with some protein will keep you until it’s time for lunch. When you need a fast snack food on your way out the door, do not forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Deciding on whole grain snacks is always better than eating the refined grains we commonly find in our grocery stores.
A large variety of instant health snacks is easily obtainable. When you make the choice to be healthy, it’s easy to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to holiday cran-strawberry jam recipe. To make holiday cran-strawberry jam you only need 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Holiday Cran-Strawberry Jam:
- Use 4 cup of fresh cranberries.
- You need 1 packages of 16oz frozen strawberries (thawed).
- Prepare 3 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 of water.
- Use of equipment.
- Get 1 of large sauce pot.
- Use 5 of 8oz jelly jars with lids & bands.
- Use 1 of water bath canner.
- Provide 1 of canning funnel.
- You need 1 of canning tongs.
Steps to make Holiday Cran-Strawberry Jam:
- Sterilize jars&bands according to manufacturers instructions. I sterilize jars in the water canner so the water is ready for processing when jam is cooked..
- Bring a small pan of water to boil.Remove from heat add lids and set aside..
- Strain strawberries Reserving the juice. Crush strawberries and set aside. Add enough water to reserved juice to equal 1and 1/2 cup..
- Wash cranberries. In large pot add cranberries sugar and juice/water mixture..
- Bring mixture to a rolling boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Continue to stir so this will not burn.
- After 15 minutes add crushed strawberries bring back up to rolling boil reduce heat and simmer for additional 10 minutes. Stirring frequently..
- After 10 minutes remove jam from heat. Spoon jam into jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Make sure no air is in jam, l do this by taking a wooden skewer and stiirring jam. Clean jar rims and place lids and bands on.do not over tighten hand tight is fine..
- Add jars to water bath canner and process for recommended time for jam according to where you live.Where I live its 10 minutes..
- After processing remove from canner and let sit undisturbed for 24 hours. After 24 hours enjoy or store in cool dark place up to 9 months. If you have a jar that doesn't seal store in refrigerator and use within 3 weeks..
Repeat until the jam is as thick as you'd like, but don't cook too long or you'll drastically alter the taste of your jam. Carefully wipe the rims of the jars to remove any clinging jam before you screw on the tops and rings – only screw. A friends Mom shared this recipe with me. I've also made this with fresh strawberries but I'm sharing the way it was given to me. After a Holiday meal I like to send my family and friends home with leftovers and a jar of this.
If you find this Holiday Cran-Strawberry Jam recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.