Crispy Pork Belly with Chilli Caramel.
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, crispy pork belly with chilli caramel. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Crispy Pork Belly with Chilli Caramel is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Crispy Pork Belly with Chilli Caramel is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have crispy pork belly with chilli caramel using 23 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Crispy Pork Belly with Chilli Caramel:
- Take of MASTERSTOCK:.
- Prepare 400 ml of light soy.
- Prepare 400 ml of dark soy.
- Get 500 ml of chinese cooking wine.
- Make ready 400 g of brown sugar.
- Make ready 6 of garlic cloves, brused.
- Get 4 of cloves.
- Prepare 6 of star anise.
- Get 3 of cinnamon quils.
- Get 1 tsp of fennel seeds.
- Take 3 L of water.
- Prepare 2 of small knobs ginger, bruised.
- Prepare 1/2 bunch of spring onion.
- Take 2 kg of pork belly, skin and bones removed.
- Prepare of CHILLI CARAMEL:.
- Make ready 50 g of long red chilli, finely sliced.
- Prepare 200 g of coconut sugar.
- Get 100 g of palm sugar.
- Make ready 125 ml of water.
- Get 1 tsp of dried chilli flakes.
- Get 1 tbs of sea salt.
- Get 2 tbs of fish sauce.
- Make ready 20 g of ginger, finely julienned.
Instructions to make Crispy Pork Belly with Chilli Caramel:
- Masterstock: Put everything except the pork belly into a large stockpot into which the belly will fit snugly..
- Bring to the simmer and add the belly. Use a plate to submerge the belly..
- Simmer gently for 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours until tender. If the tip of the sharp knife goes through the meat easily. It is done. Let cool slightly. Carefully lift the belly out..
- Sandwich between two trays, skin side down, with a heavy weight on top and leave in refrigerator overnight..
- Bring the stock back to a boil to sterilize. Cool and store. The stock can be reused by topping up extra seasoning and spice..
- The next day, trim the pork belly and cut into 2 1/2 cm cubes..
- Chilli Caramel: Soak and sliced chilies in a container of warm water. The majority of seed will sink to the bottom. Discard the water and the seeds..
- Bring all the ingredients to simmer in a pot. Simmer for 10 minutes and cool..
- To Finish: Fry the cubed pork belly in 180 C vegetable oil until golden brown..
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl..
- Warm up enough of the chilli caramel to coat pork belly. Toss the belly in a chilli caramel until well coated..
- Scatter over the coriander to garnish.
- Serve with the Nam Pla Phrik on the side..
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food crispy pork belly with chilli caramel recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!