Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Crock pot ham and bean soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Crock pot ham and bean soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Crock pot ham and bean soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Your Health Can Be Effected By The Foods You Choose To Consume.
Something that some of you may already understand is that by eating the right foods can have a huge effect on your health. Something that you should never eat no matter what is the varied foods that you will find at all of those fast food places. These sorts of foods are packed with bad fat and also have little or no nutritional value. Because of this we are going to be going over the food items that you should be eating that will have a good effect on your health.
While some of you enjoy having your snack foods, instead of reaching for the potato chips try grabbing some nuts. You will come to realize that these snack items tend to be loaded with Omega-3 and Omega-6, although some nuts and seeds will have more than others. Omega-3 and Omega-6 are called essential fatty acids and they are essential simply because your body uses these types of fatty acids to keep your hormone levels where they should be. The first thing you may not recognize is that several hormones that you need will only be able to be produced when you have these fatty acids.
For those who want to get started living a more healthy life the tips above can help you do that. One thing that you should actually avoid is all of the processed foods that you can buy in the stores, and start preparing fresh foods for your meals.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to crock pot ham and bean soup recipe. You can cook crock pot ham and bean soup using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Crock pot ham and bean soup:
- Prepare 1 lb of white beans.
- Prepare 1 of ham bone.
- Prepare 2 cup of diced ham.
- Prepare 36 oz of chicken broth.
- Take 1/2 stick of butter.
- Get 2 of carrots- chopped.
- Use 2 of celery stalks- chopped.
- Get 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic.
- Provide 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- You need 3 tbsp of dry mustard.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper.
Steps to make Crock pot ham and bean soup:
- Soak dry beans for 8 hours. I add baking soda to reduce side effects of beans. Rinse very well..
- Melt butter, add onion, carrots, celery and garlic. Cook until tender. Add flour 1 Tbsp at a time until a paste is made and everything is mixed together..
- Dice ham and add to crock pot with bone and beans..
- Add chicken broth to carrot mixture. Pour into crock pot with other ingredients..
- Add spices and seasoning to soup. Cook on low for 6-8 hours..
How to Make Ham and Bean Soup in the Crockpot Place great northern beans in a large mixing bowl, add enough water to cover by a couple of inches. The beans go into the crock pot, along with some veggies, diced ham and seasonings. Add a sprinkle of parsley and enjoy! Add beans, ham bone, celery, carrot, onion, black pepper, broth, and parsley to crock pot. Combine beans, ham bone, water, chopped onion, garlic or garlic powder, and the bay leaf in the slow cooker.
If you find this Crock pot ham and bean soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.