Buttermilk Fried Chicken. Place the flour, paprika, cumin, baking powder, salt and pepper on a large tray and mix to combine. Toss together chicken pieces, black pepper, salt, paprika, rosemary, thyme, oregano, sage, white pepper, and cayenne in a large bowl to coat. Put all the dry brine ingredients in a large dish.
For a fried chicken recipe that is significantly lower in fat, try Southern fried chicken thighs. The marinade – soaking the chicken in a seasoned buttermilk mixture imparts not only great flavor, but great texture. It tenderizes the chicken and skin, plus allows for the flour to really stick to the chicken.
Hey everyone, it is John, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, buttermilk fried chicken. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Place the flour, paprika, cumin, baking powder, salt and pepper on a large tray and mix to combine. Toss together chicken pieces, black pepper, salt, paprika, rosemary, thyme, oregano, sage, white pepper, and cayenne in a large bowl to coat. Put all the dry brine ingredients in a large dish.
Buttermilk Fried Chicken is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Buttermilk Fried Chicken is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook buttermilk fried chicken using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Buttermilk Fried Chicken:
- Get 2-3 pounds of chicken drumsticks.
- Make ready 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Get 2-4 tbs of garlic powder.
- Make ready to taste of Salt & pepper.
- Take 3 cups of buttermilk.
- Take of Oil for frying.
- Take 1 tbs of baking powder.
- Prepare 2 tbs of minced garlic.
- Take 2 spoonfuls of butter.
The flour – regular salt and pepper are great, but to really kick up the flavor, we use a super seasoned flour. Mix together the buttermilk, herb stalks and black pepper in a bowl. Add the chicken pieces, mix well and leave overnight in the fridge, or at least for a minimum of two hours. In a large bowl, combine the buttermilk with the salt, black pepper and cayenne.
Instructions to make Buttermilk Fried Chicken:
- Rinse chicken. Pour buttermilk in bowl. Add garlic powder, minced garlic, salt & pepper, mix. Cover & place in fridge. Let marinade for 18-24hrs..
- Turn oil onto 6 or 7. When oil starts to get hot, place butter in oil, it should bubble & make sound. Put flower, baking powder, garlic powder & pepper in mixing bowl, mix..
- Take chicken out of buttermilk, and place in flour. Place in oil until brown, flip..
- Place on paper towel to soak up oil. Cook chicken in oven at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes or to your liking, flipping occasionally..
Add the chicken and stir to coat. Bring back to room temperature before cooking. Add the chicken pieces, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Combine all of the breading ingredients in a large bowl, then roll the marinated chicken pieces in the flour, shaking off excess. Repeat with the rest of the chicken.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food buttermilk fried chicken recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!