Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Taisen's Ham Bean and Potatoe Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Taisen's Ham Bean and Potatoe Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Taisen's Ham Bean and Potatoe Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Meals You Pick To Feed On Are Going To Effect Your Health.
With regards to the foods that you eat, you will see that your overall health can be effected either positively or even negatively. One of the foods you ought to be avoiding is any kind of foods you get at a fast food location. The foods that you will get from these fast food places are usually foods that are incredibly unhealthy, loaded with fat and typically have little to no nourishment. You will be delighted to know that we are going to inform you of a few of the foods that you ought to be ingesting every day.
Your main meals should also incorporate fish including salmon or perhaps lean proteins, as these will also be able to help your health. You will notice that salmon can also be abundant with Omega-3 and other nutrients. Then when it comes to lean protein, you should remember that you only have to have about 3 ounces to get your daily requirements. In addition before preparing your steak you really need to trim the fat that you can see from it to keep from taking in extra fat.
If you determine that your overall health is important to you, you should take these tips to heart. One thing that you need to actually avoid is all of the processed foods that you can easily purchase in the stores, and start preparing fresh foods for your meals.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to taisen's ham bean and potatoe soup recipe. You can cook taisen's ham bean and potatoe soup using 13 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Taisen's Ham Bean and Potatoe Soup:
- Get 1 of left over ham with or without bone. up to you.
- Prepare 1 of to 2 cans of pinto beans.
- Provide 1 of to 2 cans northern beans.
- Provide 2 of or 3 cans of potatoes ( whole ones cut up into smaller size ) , fresh potatoes 4 to 5 large peeled and cut into smaller pieces.
- Use 1 of ham stock or left over juice from cooking the ham the day before. ( we made a ham last night and saved all the juices to use in the soup ).
- Get 1 of beef bullion cube.
- You need 1 of onion or onion powder.
- Take 1 of garlic powder or fresh garlic minced ( about 4 to 5 cloves ).
- Prepare 1 of pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1 of milk.
- Take 1 of flour.
- You need 1 of honey and/or pancake syrup ( optional for a little sweetness ).
- Provide 1 of beef or vegetable stock if needed for more liquid ( optional ).
Steps to make Taisen's Ham Bean and Potatoe Soup:
- Pull off as much of the ham that you can. Put that into a big pot or other slow cooker..
- Add in drained beans to the ham you took off the bone..
- Using water add in about 3 to 4 beef bouillon cubes. Boil and dissolve. Add to the meat and beans. About 2 to 3 cups..
- Using the left over ham on the bone, put that in a saucepan with the juices from the leftover ham. Add in a little water if needed and add beef bouillon cubes. About 2 or 3..
- If you are using ham that hasn't been used yet, you can do the same thing except for adding in juices. You can also skip this and just cut up the ham into pieces. Adding flavor later..
- Let the ham cook down. Let it start falling off the bone. Once that happens you are ready to pull that out. You can get more of the meat off at this point..
- Remove the ham and bone from the liquid, pull off any extra meat and add to the pot. You can start adding more of that liquid into the pot as well..
- Mince garlic or use garlic powder. Add in. Add in all seasonings and put a lid on the pot after stirring..
- Peel potatoes or open canned. If your using potatoes from a can drain, and cut into half, leave whole or cut into smaller pieces. Fresh, peel rinse and cut into desired size..
- You can add the rinsed potatoes into the pot or you can boil them separately just to get them a little softer before adding in. I boil mine just a bit, not all the way and then drain and add. Do NOT rinse. The starch helps thicken the soup..
- If needed, put flour and milk in a bowl. Get the lumps out. Take some of the liquid from the pot and put into a small saucepan. Stir in the milk and flour combination slowly. Then as that thickens, add this slowly to the soup..
- Taste taste taste !!!! Add whatever is needed. I only use salt (very little because ham is salty), pepper, garlic and onion or onion powder..
- Let the soup cook until the potatoes are fully soft or just a bit firm if you prefer..
- I always use ham that is from the night before. When I heat up my ham, I add in a little butter, brown sugar, syrup and honey. I spoon over the juices on top of the ham while heating. Same as basting a turkey. You can add any of these to the soup for a bit of sweetness..
- Serve with warm rolls or butter bread. Enjoy !.
There's no stress involved — just have all of your veggies cut up before you start, a small glass of wine on your kitchen countertop, and get started! Sauté onion, carrots and celery in butter. Tools Used in the making of this Slow Cooker Ham and Potato Soup: Slow Cooker:. It's a great way to use up leftover ham instead of making the traditional ham and bean soup. My fiancé loved the soup and he's not the biggest fan of.
If you find this Taisen's Ham Bean and Potatoe Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.