Vegan coconut lentil soup. This versatile coconut curry lentil soup is perfect on a dreary day, but really any time of the year. This Coconut Curry Lentil Soup is fragrant with just the right amount of spice. I actually used a whole teaspoon of red chili flakes the first time I made this, making it just hot enough to make our noses.
It is a filling weeknight vegan meal. You'll definitely want to eat the leftovers of this red lentil. Nourishing vegan coconut tomato lentil soup simmered with delicious, warming spices like cumin, coriander and turmeric.
Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, vegan coconut lentil soup. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
This versatile coconut curry lentil soup is perfect on a dreary day, but really any time of the year. This Coconut Curry Lentil Soup is fragrant with just the right amount of spice. I actually used a whole teaspoon of red chili flakes the first time I made this, making it just hot enough to make our noses.
Vegan coconut lentil soup is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Vegan coconut lentil soup is something which I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have vegan coconut lentil soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Vegan coconut lentil soup:
- Make ready 1 of medium onion.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 (3 inch) of piece ginger.
- Take 3 tbsp of curry powder.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of red curry powder.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- Make ready 1 (13.5 ounce) of can unsweetened coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of red lentils.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut.
- Get 1/2 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut.
- Make ready 1 (15 ounce) of can crushed tomatoes.
- Take 1 scoop of non-dairy Yogurt (for serving; optional).
- Take 1-2 tbsp of sea salt (optional to taste).
This creamy tomato lentil soup recipe has plenty of plant based protein and makes a wonderful meal prep lunch or dinner! This satisfying creamy soup is made with Thai red curry, coconut milk and fresh lime. Serve this vegan and gluten-free recipe with Perfect Coconut Rice This easy to make red lentil soup spiced-up with Thai red curry is a recipe you'll want to make over and over again. A friend turned me onto this Ayurvedic dal recipe from the Esalen Cookbook years ago.
Instructions to make Vegan coconut lentil soup:
- Chop onion, mince garlic, and peel and chop ginger..
- Add 2 tbsp of olive oil to large sauce pan on med heat. Add chopped onions and cook til translucent (about 6-8 min)..
- Add garlic and ginger, stirring often (about 4-5 min)..
- Add both curry powders and stir until begins to stick to bottom (about 1 min)..
- Add coconut milk, shredded coconut, red lentils, 1 tbsp salt and 5 cups of water. Break up spices by stirring often. Bring water to boil water and then reduce heat to simmer and cook til soup starts to thicken (about 20-25 min)..
- While soup is simmering, squeeze thawed spinach to release excess water. Chop spinach finely on cutting board..
- Towards end of simmering (about 5 min left), add crushed tomatoes and chopped spinach. Season to taste w/ sea salt and serve with 1 scoop of non-dairy yogurt..
Vegan: Coconut Lentil Soup with Cilantro-Habanero Gremolata. All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy. This lentil coconut curry is the easy vegan recipe for meal prepping that you have been looking for! This lentil coconut curry is the perfect Sunday soup!
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food vegan coconut lentil soup recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!