Simmered Pork Belly.
Hello everybody, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, simmered pork belly. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Simmered Pork Belly is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Simmered Pork Belly is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have simmered pork belly using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Simmered Pork Belly:
- Make ready 1 kg of Pork belly block.
- Take 5 of Boiled eggs.
- Prepare 2/3 of Daikon radish.
- Take 1 bag of Spinach.
- Prepare 1 of Japanese mustard.
- Get of Pork Belly Simmering Sauce.
- Make ready 120 ml of Soy sauce.
- Make ready 150 ml of Sake.
- Get 100 ml of Mirin.
- Take 40 ml of Sugar.
- Take of For Parboiling the Pork:.
- Prepare 1 of The rinsing water from rinsing rice.
- Get 1 tbsp of If using water, some rice (or rice bran).
- Take 2 of stalks worth The green part of a Japanese leek.
- Get 3 of to 4 slices Sliced ginger.
Steps to make Simmered Pork Belly:
- Make the simmering sauce. Put the sake and mirin in a pan, and bring to a boil. Cook until the alcohol has evaporated, add the sugar and soy sauce, and the sauce is done..
- Put a generous amount of oil into a frying pan, and shallow fry the pork belly block..
- Put the shallow fried pork belly block and all the parboiling ingredients into a pressure cooker and heat. When it comes to a boil, skim off the scum, lock on the lid and cook under pressure for 20 minutes..
- After 20 minutes, turn the heat off and leave until the pressure comes down naturally, and to continue to cook the pork with residual heat..
- When the pressure has come down and the cooker has cooled down, take the meat out and rinse it quickly. Cut into 5 pieces..
- Wash out the pressure cooker. Add back the pork belly, plus peeled and sliced daikon radish as well as the simmering sauce from Step 1. Heat the cooker to bring it up to pressure, and cook under pressure for 15 minutes..
- De-pressurize the cooker and open the lid. Push the daikon radish to the side, add the boiled eggs and place a piece of paper towel on top of the contents of the cooker to act as a drop lid (otoshibuta)..
- Simmer to reduce for about 10 minutes, while pouring the sauce over the meat occasionally..
- Serve on a plate with boiled spinach. Spoon over some of the sauce with Japanese mustard on the side..
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food simmered pork belly recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!