Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Jenny's Delicious Ham and Pinto Bean Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Jenny's Delicious Ham and Pinto Bean Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Picking The Right Foods May Help You Stay Fit And Healthy.
One thing that some of you may already recognize is that by consuming the right foods can have a massive effect on your health. Something that you shouldn’t eat no matter what is the different foods that you will acquire at all of those take out places. You will find that the nutrition in these kinds of is non existent and the unwanted side effects will be really bad. You will be pleased to know that we are going to let you know a few of the foods that you need to be consuming every day.
In terms of sitting down to an evening meal you should in addition think about lean proteins and also fish such as salmon. You will see that salmon is additionally rich in Omega-3 and other nutrients. Then when it comes to lean protein, you should bear in mind that you only have to have about 3 ounces to get your daily requirements. It’s also advisable to trim off any excess fat that you find on the specific meats that you’re planning to eat.
By following some of the suggestions above you will see that you will end up living a healthier life. The pre packaged highly processed foods that you can find in any store is also not good for you and alternatively you should be cooking fresh nutritious foods.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to jenny's delicious ham and pinto bean soup recipe. To make jenny's delicious ham and pinto bean soup you need 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Jenny's Delicious Ham and Pinto Bean Soup:
- Get 1 1/2 lb of Pinto Beans (dry) (Soaked and rinsed).
- Prepare 1 of Large Onion (Sliced or Diced).
- Prepare 1 lb of Cubed Ham.
- Provide 4 tbsp of Salted Butter.
- Take 6-10 of Chicken Bouillon Cubes (Skip or use less if using Broth).
- Use 2 clove of Garlic (minced).
- Provide 1/4 tsp of Dried Ground Thyme (Or 2-3 tsp Thyme Leaves).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Pepper.
- Use 1 tbsp of Parsley.
- Get 1 of Bay Leaf.
- Provide 10-12 cup of Water And/Or Chicken Broth.
- Take of Fresh Baby Spinach for garnish (Optional).
Instructions to make Jenny's Delicious Ham and Pinto Bean Soup:
- Melt Butter in a big soup pot, over Medium heat..
- Add Onion..
- Add spices, except for the Bay Leaf. Stir well..
- When the onions begin to soften, add the Ham. Stir well. Cook and stir for about 5 mins..
- Add the 12 cups of water and the Bouillon Cubes. (For a thicker soup, use 10 cups of water and 5 Bouillon Cubes).
- Add the Pinto Beans. Stir, and turn up heat to Medium High..
- Heat until boiling. Cover and turn heat down to Medium Low..
- Simmer for 1 and 1/2 to 2 hours..
- Add Bay Leaf about a half an hour before cooking is finished..
- Serve and enjoy! :).
Slow cook dried beans with aromatics and the ham bone – the ham bone flavours the water to create the soup broth, the ham meat becomes "fall apart tender" and the beans cook; Pan fry shredded ham until golden. In the morning, add ham shank. Add additional water to cover the ham shank, if necessary. Remove ham, shred off of bone, and return shredded meat to crockpot. Stir in ketchup and add salt to taste (The amount of salt needed depends on the cut of ham.
If you find this Jenny's Delicious Ham and Pinto Bean Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.