Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Sage Fried Chicken And Waffles recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sage Fried Chicken And Waffles recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Discover How to Elevate Your Mood with Food.
Most of us have been conditioned to believe that comfort foods are bad and should be avoided. Sometimes, if the comfort food is a high sugar food or some other junk food, this holds true. Otherwise, comfort foods could be extremely nourishing and good for you. Several foods honestly do boost your mood when you eat them. If you seem to feel a little bit down and you’re in need of a happiness pick me up, try a few of these.
Green tea is actually excellent for your mood. You were just waiting to read that here, weren’t you? Green tea has a lot of an amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Studies have found that this specific amino acid can actually stimulate brain waves. This helps raise your mental focus while calming the rest of your body. You were already aware that green tea could help you be so much healthier. Now you know that applies to your mood also!
See, you don’t need to eat all that junk food when you are wanting to feel better! Try some of these tips instead.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sage fried chicken and waffles recipe. To make sage fried chicken and waffles you need 36 ingredients and 39 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Sage Fried Chicken And Waffles:
- Use of Sage Fried Chicken.
- Prepare of oil for deep frying.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of flour.
- Take 1 cup of corn starch.
- Get 1/2 cup of lightly crushed cornflakes.
- Prepare 6 of eggs (beaten for an egg wash).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of season all or old bay seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fresh sage, finely chopped (I used dry sage).
- Provide 8 of bone-in, skinless chicken breasts. (if you prefer use boneless).
- Take of Waffles.
- Use 5 cup of flour.
- Use 1/4 cup of Sugar.
- Provide 3 of eggs.
- Take 2 cup of buttermilk.
- Provide 2 cup of milk.
- Get 1/2 cup of melted butter.
- Provide 1 1/2 tbsp of baking powder.
- Provide 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Provide 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- Provide 16 pieces of hardwood smoked bacon cooked. ( I didn't have hardwood smoked bacon so I used smoked pancetta cooked).
- Take of Leeks and Onions.
- Provide 6 of Spring onions (more or less depending on your preference).
- Take 6 of leeks (more or less depending on your preference).
- Get of oil for deep frying (you can use the oil that will be used for the chicken).
- Use of BBQ Sauce.
- Take 1/2 cup of low sodium soy sauce.
- Provide 1/2 cup of Brown sugar.
- Take 3/4 tbsp of finely chopped garlic /or paste.
- Provide 3/4 tbsp of sriracha sauce.
- Provide 1 tsp of corn starch to thicken (Add more or less depending on your desired consistency).
- Provide 1 tbsp of cold water.
- Use of Plate Creating Time.
- Get 1 cup of finely chopped red or yellow bell Peppers/ or a mixture of both..
- Use 1 cup of Warm maple syrup (more or less depending on preferences).
- Take 8 of skewers.
- Use 1 sprig of Rosemary (optional as its only to garnish).
Steps to make Sage Fried Chicken And Waffles:
- *chicken cooking process**.
- Place each individual piece of chicken in a zip lock bag and lightly pound to flatten the thicker sides of the chicken so that each piece is evenly thick. (This method is better with boneless pieces).
- I part cooked the chicken by bringing it to the boil with a pinch of seasoned salt for about 10-12 minutes. Then let it cool down before coating in the batter..
- Mix the corn starch, flour, cornflakes, sage and season all and place in a shallow bowl..
- Place the egg wash in another shallow bowl..
- Heat the oil to 360°F..
- Dip and coat evenly the chicken pieces in the egg wash then in the flour mixture..
- Deep fry the chicken for 6-7 minutes (boneless), 9-10 minutes (bone-in) or until is has cooked through..
- Once cooked drain on kitchen roll to remove excess fat..
- *waffle cooking process**.
- While the chicken is frying move onto the waffles. Preheat the waffle iron..
- If you don't have buttermilk you can make your own as I did. For every 1 cup of milk add 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar or lemon juice then let it rest for at least 5 minutes before adding to the mixture..
- Mix all the dry ingredients together and set aside..
- In another bowl mix the wet ingredients making sure to break up the eggs and mix them in..
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until theres only a few lumps left (Add a bit more water or milk if the mixture is a tad too thick)..
- Spray the waffle iron with oil..
- Spoon the waffle mixture onto the hot iron making sure the batter fills all corners of the waffle iron..
- Lay 2-4 pieces of bacon diagonally across each waffle batch..
- Close the waffle iron and cook until golden and cripsy..
- Cut the waffles apart once cooked..
- *fried onion and leeks**.
- The recipe stated to fry these before the chicken. Personally I don't think it matters as they take so little time to cook..
- Cut the onion and leeks very thinly into strips..
- Fry in a deep fat fryer until golden and crispy..
- Once its done drain on kitchen roll..
- *bbq sauce**.
- In a small saucepan mix all the ingredients (minus the cornstarch and water) and bring to the boil then reduce the heat to simmer..
- Mix the water and cornstarch together to make a slurry mixture. Then mix it into the bbq sauce..
- Simmer for another 3-5 minutes or until it thickens up a little bit more..
- *bring it all together**.
- On a plate layer 2 bacon waffles then top with a chicken piece..
- Secure the waffles and chicken with a skewer..
- Next add a handful of the fried leeks and Onions on top of your stack..
- Dribble a little of the bbq sauce on the stack and on the plate..
- Skewer your stack with the rosemary and a steak knife (optional)..
- Garnish with a handful of chopped peppers..
- Warm the maple syrup either in the microwave on 30 second intervals or on the stove in a small saucepan. Do not let it boil..
- Lastly, serve with maple syrup on the side of the plate (put in a small side bowl). Don't drizzle yourself, let each individua
l do it themselves..
- Once your happy with your designer dish serve up..
I guess I do 🙂 When I woke up this weekend I had a weird craving for some chicken and waffles. Now, I honestly can't tell you the last time I had chicken and waffles. But for some reason, I had the desire to whip some up. Sage Fried Chicken: Dip and coat airline chicken breasts in egg then cornflake mixture. Fried Chicken & Sage Waffles* You are here: Home.
If you find this Sage Fried Chicken And Waffles recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.