Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Pastelon de platano y carne (Sweet plaintain and meat pie) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pastelon de platano y carne (Sweet plaintain and meat pie) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that offer You Energy.
We are all aware that eating healthy foods can help us really feel better in our bodies. We tend to feel way less gross after we increase our intake of wholesome foods and decrease our consumption of processed foods. A salad tends to make us feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). This is usually a problem, nonetheless, in terms of eating between meals. Finding snack foods that really help us feel better and boost our stamina often involves lots of shopping and scrupulous reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting snack.
Try eating almonds if you do not are afflicted by nut allergies. As an all-in-one energy booster, almonds offer many health advantages. These nuts possess lots of vitamins E, B2, and manganese. Almonds, like turkey, come with the enzyme tryptophan which can often cause you to be sleepy. But whenever you eat almonds, you don’t feel like you should sleep a while. These nuts relax the muscles and provide a general sense of relaxation. Sometimes eating almonds could even be a mood increaser!
A large selection of quick health snacks is easily obtainable. Choosing to live a healthy way of life can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to pastelon de platano y carne (sweet plaintain and meat pie) recipe. You can cook pastelon de platano y carne (sweet plaintain and meat pie) using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Pastelon de platano y carne (Sweet plaintain and meat pie):
- Get of Meat filling.
- Use of Ground beef.
- Take of Bacon or salt pork chopped.
- Provide of Apple sauce unsweetened.
- Provide of hard boiled eggs chopped.
- Get of Ham flavor bullion.
- You need of Sazon goya.
- You need of Diced onion.
- Provide of Diced tomato.
- Use of Diced sweet peppers.
- Provide of Spanish olives w/pimento chopped.
- Take of Oregano,Cumin, Cilantro.
- Prepare of Sofrito (see recipe).
- Prepare of Tomato sauce.
- Provide of Plaintain mix.
- Provide of Sweet plaintains (yellow/ black skin).
- Prepare of Butter.
- You need of heavy cream or milk.
- Use of Salt.
- Get of Parmesan cheese.
Steps to make Pastelon de platano y carne (Sweet plaintain and meat pie):
- Cut plaintain ends and into thirds. Boil in salted water with skin until fork tender..
- Cook bacon and brown your meat in the drippins. Add chopped and diced veggies, bullion, sazon, sofrito and spices. Cook until veggies are translucent, about 5 mins. And applesauce, tomato sauce and chopped eggs. Simmer on low until all the ingredients are combined. Taste and add your own flavors as necessary. Mix should have a bit of sweetness to it..
- Preheat oven and butter your lasagna pan. Set aside..
- The plaintains should be ready when the skin starts to separate from the plaintain. Remove skin and mash with butter,milk and cheese..
- Place 1/2 of plaintain mix on bottom of pan and spread evenly, Add all of the meat mix( I use a strainer to drain any oils from meat before dropping into pan). Pour remaining plaintain mix and spread evenly. Sprinkle any type of cheese as desired on top of pastelon. (I use fresh grated parm).
- Heat in oven for 30 mins until bubbly and enjoy! Buen Provecho mi gente!.
If you find this Pastelon de platano y carne (Sweet plaintain and meat pie) recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.