Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Syrian meat pie: Safiha recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Syrian meat pie: Safiha recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Syrian meat pie: Safiha recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for this. Poor diet is one factor in illnesses such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to adopt a more healthy lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that a lot of people assume it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. In reality, though, just making some minor changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. Olive oil also is a good source of vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. If you currently are consuming lots of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful pesticides. Looking for a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the option of consuming foods that still have almost all of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
To sum up, it is easy to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to syrian meat pie: safiha recipe. To cook syrian meat pie: safiha you only need 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Syrian meat pie: Safiha:
- Prepare of Dough.
- You need 3 1/2 cups of flour.
- Take 2 1/2 teaspoons of yeast.
- Use 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Use 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Use 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Take of Filling.
- Use 500 g of ground meat.
- You need 1/2 cup of labneh, thick yogurt.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of pomegranate syrup.
- You need 1 of onion, minced.
- Provide 5/16 cup of raw pine nuts.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Take 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Provide 1/2 teaspoon of saffron.
- Use 1/2 teaspoon of allspice.
Steps to make Syrian meat pie: Safiha:
- For the dough, mix the yeast with the sugar in half cup warm water and leave aside for 5 minutes..
- In a big bowl, mix the flour and salt..
- Add in the yeast mix, the oil and 3/4 cup warm water. Knead well with wet hands till the dough you obtain is smooth..
- Cover the dough with a cloth and leave to rise in a warm place until it doubles in volume (around 2 ½ hours)..
- Knead the dough again with floury hands and divide the dough into 6 balls and leave to rise for 30 minutes..
- Use a rolling pin to flatten the dough balls into circles or oval shaped flat dough pieces (around 15cm in diameter each).
- Place the flattened dough pieces on baking sheets and, for the last time, cover with a cloth and let rise for 30 minutes..
- For the filling, in bowl, mix the meat, onion and pine nuts, season with all spices, saffron, black pepper, and salt. Finally add the pomegranate syrup and the labneh. Mix well..
- Spread around 3 tablespoons of the filling on each flattened piece of dough..
- Arrange in a baking tray and bake in a preheated oven to 475°F for 15 minutes, till the dough is brown and the meat is cooked..
- Serve warm with yogurt on the side..
It can also be referred to as 'Arabic salad' or 'salad'. Open the bisquit package, and let them get to room temp. Green beans, diced tomatoes and your choice of meat cooked with spices and tomato sauce. Served with Syrian rice on the side. These little meat pies really easy to make, and my kids have loved them since they were toddlers, which to me makes a successful dish!
If you find this Syrian meat pie: Safiha recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.