Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Elisa's Potato Meat Pie (Pastelon de Papa) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Elisa's Potato Meat Pie (Pastelon de Papa) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Choosing to eat healthily provides many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is one factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. While we’re always being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. In all probability, most people assume that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their way of life. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by making a few small changes.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you go to the grocery as it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? One healthy substitute that can give you a healthy start to your day is oatmeal. By mixing in fresh fruit, you can improve the flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
Evidently, it’s not at all difficult to begin incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to elisa's potato meat pie (pastelon de papa) recipe. To cook elisa's potato meat pie (pastelon de papa) you only need 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Elisa's Potato Meat Pie (Pastelon de Papa):
- Take of Potatoes.
- You need 4 lb of potatoes.
- You need 4 oz of Cream cheese.
- Prepare of Meat.
- You need 1/2 lb of ground beef.
- Use 3/4 cup of Smoked Cooked Ham, chopped.
- Take 1/2 packages of of Bacon, cut the name small strips.
- Provide 1 small of green pepper.
- Take 1/2 medium of onion.
- You need 2 tbsp of Sofrito (the recipe is in my profile).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Use 1 bunch of cilantro.
- Prepare 1 of Salt & Pepper.
- You need of Topping.
- Take 1 of egg.
- Provide 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Use 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
Steps to make Elisa's Potato Meat Pie (Pastelon de Papa):
- Preheat the oven to 400..
- Chop the onion, pepper & cilantro.
- On the stove, Put it on a pan and add the onions, peppers, smoked ham, bacon, cilantro, sofrito, olive oil, and fry for some seconds, until the onion is glossy..
- Add the beef, salt & pepper to the pan and cook..
- Peel the potatoes and cut them in small squares, add plenty salt to the water and boil..
- When the potatoes are done, mash them, add the cream cheese and add 2 tablespoons of the grease from the cooked meat and mix it very well. (You can add more or less grease from the meat.).
- In a greased pan, put one half of the potatoes on the bottom, put a level of meat on top and them add the rest of the potatoes..
- Beat the egg and pour it on top..
- Add the cheeses..
- Put it in the oven until golden..
- Wait it to cool a little, cut and serve!.
If you find this Elisa's Potato Meat Pie (Pastelon de Papa) recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.