Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Shepherd's pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Shepherd's pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is now much more popular than before and rightfully so. There are a number of health conditions linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. Although we’re always being counseled to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. In all probability, a lot of people assume that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. It is possible, however, to make a few minor changes that can start to make a good impact on our everyday eating habits.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil, for example, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that counter the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil can also be good for your skin because it is a great source of vitamin E. It may be that you already believe that you consume fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the choice of eating foods that still have almost all of the nutrients which are typically lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
All in all, it is easy to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to shepherd's pie recipe. To cook shepherd's pie you need 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Shepherd's pie:
- Use of ground beef or lamb.
- You need of frozen corn.
- You need of frozen peas.
- You need of frozen or fresh carrot cubed.
- Prepare of large potatoes.
- Take of small onion, chopped.
- Use of garlic.
- Get of ketchup.
- Take of paprika.
- Get of ground black pepper.
- Take of chili powder.
- You need of water.
- Get of oil to cook meat.
- Take of cheese.
- You need of ground cinnamon.
- Provide of flour.
- Provide of milk.
Instructions to make Shepherd's pie:
- If a pan, add the oil, onion and chopped garlic.
- Let it cook for couple of minutes then add the beef or lamb.
- Keep stirring.. you can little bit of cinnamon powder to remove the smell of lamb or beef **optional**.
- Once the meat is cooked, add the flour and keep stirring till the flour is golden.
- Add all the spices and the ketchup.. keep stirring.
- Add the water then the veggies.
- Cover over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the meat to the pan that will go to the oven.
- Boil the potatoes in boiling water then peel them and mash them.
- In a cooking pan add bit of oil and the mashed potatoes.. keep stirring then add the milk and cheese.
- Spread the mashed potatoes over the meat.. make some groves using a fork to the top of the potatoes.
- Cook in the oven for 20 min 350°F.
Here in the states we are more of a beef eating culture than a lamb eating one, and when one is served "shepherd's pie" here, it is most often made with ground beef. These shepherd's pie recipes run the range from the traditional (featuring ground or minced lamb) to the modestly modified (ground beef instead of lamb) to the more modern and experimental (vegan or paleo shepherd's pies). You can't go wrong with any of these savory one-pot comfort-food casseroles, complete meals that also feature veggies, a savory gravy, and a mashed potato (or a surprise. Best Shepherd's Pie This is the best shepherds pie recipe I've ever had, and it comes from a friend who was a whiz at pinching pennies without sacrificing hearty flavor.—Valerie Merrill, Topeka, Kansas Shepherd's Pie. So, this is how you spell it: Shepherd's Pie.
If you find this Shepherd's pie recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.