Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Shepherd's Pie Stuffed Peppers recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Shepherd's Pie Stuffed Peppers recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Healthy eating is nowadays a lot more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who suffer from health problems such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. In all probability, most people think that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their lifestyle. In reality, though, merely making a few small changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
These changes can be done with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. Olive oil can also be healthy for your skin because it is a superb source of vitamin E. Even though you may already consume a lot of fruits and vegetables, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, try to buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with toxic chemical substances. Searching for a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the choice of consuming foods that still contain most of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
As you can see, it is easy to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to shepherd's pie stuffed peppers recipe. You can cook shepherd's pie stuffed peppers using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Shepherd's Pie Stuffed Peppers:
- Provide of Mashed Potatoes.
- You need 4 of large potatoes, diced large.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of light cream (or milk).
- Use 2 tbsp of butter.
- Use of salt and pepper.
- Provide 1/4 cup of shredded cheese.
- You need of Meat mixture.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of frozen peas.
- Take 1/4 cup of frozen corn.
- Provide 1 of carrot, diced small.
- Provide 1 of celery, diced small.
- Get 1/3 cup of beef broth.
- Take 1 of small onion, diced.
- Get 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Provide 1/2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 lb of extra lean ground beef.
- Get 1/2 tsp of cornstarch ( this is a thickner).
- Provide 4 of large bell pepper, cored and cleaned.
Instructions to make Shepherd's Pie Stuffed Peppers:
- In a pot, boil potatoes, drain then add cream, butter and salt and pepper and mash. (You can use boxed mashed potatoes, but I always prefer fresh and homemade).
- In a separate pan, sautee ground beef with onions and garlic until no longer pink, add the carrots and celery and cook 2 min.
- Add the frozen corn and peas,then Add tomato paste and stir together to incorporate, then add the cornstarch and mix..
- Add worcestershire and beef broth and mix together until mixture thickens a bit. (Add salt and pepper if needed).
- Stuff the bell pepper with meat mixture, top with mashed potatoes and sprinkle top with cheese..
- Place on baking sheet and bake in 400°F oven for 15 min, the place under broiler for 3 min to brown tops. Enjoy! 😉😊.
This stuffed pepper soup tastes like classic stuffed peppers, but without all the work! The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie Recipe with meat and vegetable gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes. Shepherd's pie is a rustic dish traditionally made with lamb, but you can substitute beef for an equally comforting meal that's also freezer-friendly. This is a great dish to make ahead of time and store in the freezer for a future meal. Shepherd's Pie is one of those foods that brings a smile to everyone's face – especially when you get seconds!
If you find this Shepherd's Pie Stuffed Peppers recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.