Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Turkey Pie (with a flakey buttery pie crust) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Turkey Pie (with a flakey buttery pie crust) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Turkey Pie (with a flakey buttery pie crust) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Enhancing Treats.
We all know that eating healthy foods can help us truly feel better inside our bodies. We tend to feel way less gross whenever we increase our intake of wholesome foods and reduce our consumption of junk foods. A bit of pizza doesn’t have you feeling as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. Choosing healthier food choices can be challenging if it is snack time. Shopping for goodies can be a struggle because you have countless options. There’s nothing like one of these healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting snack.
When looking for a convenient wholesome snack, don’t forget about yogurt. Eating fat free yogurt in place of a healthy larger lunch isn’t a good idea. Low fat yogurt helps make a fantastic snack, nonetheless. It is a protein-rich supply of nutritious vitamins and minerals. Yogurt is frequently eaten to help manage the digestive system considering that it is so easily digestible by many people. Fast hint: choose unsweetened yogurt and include walnuts or flaxseeds. It’s an simple way to reduce sugar while still enjoying a tasty snack.
You will find lots of healthy snacks you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. Deciding to live a healthy way of life can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to turkey pie (with a flakey buttery pie crust) recipe. To cook turkey pie (with a flakey buttery pie crust) you only need 19 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Turkey Pie (with a flakey buttery pie crust):
- Use of Filling.
- Take of Turkey (dark meat), shredded.
- Take of Red Potatos.
- Prepare of Sweet peas.
- You need of onion, chopped.
- You need of Garlic, minced.
- You need of Salt / Pepper.
- Prepare of oregano / thyme / basil.
- Get of smoked paprika.
- Prepare of chili powder.
- You need of flour.
- Prepare of Drippings or butter.
- Use of chicken stock.
- Take of cheese, any kind.
- Take of Pie Crust.
- Prepare of flour.
- Provide of Butter or Shortening.
- Get of salt.
- Prepare of cold water.
Steps to make Turkey Pie (with a flakey buttery pie crust):
- Prep your meat. My turkey was not pre made, so i seasoned it with salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, basil and slow cooked it in my corck pot on HIGH untill I was able to easily shred it. But this will work great with left over meats..
- If you cooked your meat for this recipe, SAVE THE DRIPPINGS..
- Prep your potatos. Cut into small cubes. Oil a heavy skillet over MED-HIGH heat, and toss in the potatos..
- While potatos are cooking chop onion, and mince garlic. Add to potatos. Stir..
- Add your seasonings. Let cook untill they are fragarent..
- Add drippings, stir to coat. If you have no drippings add 1 or 2 pats of butter. Add flour, stir to coat. Let cook for about 1 minute..
- Add stock, and let it thicken slightly. You may need to reduce heat to MED-LOW..
- Test a potato. You want them to have a little firmness. DO NOT OVER COOK. The potatos will become too soft and get lost in the over all filling..
- Add meat and peas. Stir to combine..
- Taste for seasoning. Add if necessary..
- Fill your pie. Top with cheese before you put top crust on..
- Bake 450 untill golden brow..
- Let sit for 5 min before serving. Enjoy :).
- PIE CRUST:.
- In a large bowl add flour, shortening or butter, and salt. Cut with fork untill flour looks crumbly..
- Add water, mix untill all combined..
- Flour your surface, and rolling pin..
- Divide dough in half and roll out 2 crusts..
- Flash bake the bottom crust before filling..
Learn how to make an easy turkey pot pie with our recipe, made even better with a Pillsbury™ pie crust. It's a great dish for beginner cooks and busy families alike. Turkey pot pie is one of my favorite leftover turkey recipes! Made with a creamy turkey filling baked into a pie crust, it is quick and easy to prepare! · Reinvent your holiday leftovers with these adorable turkey pot pies. They're made with leftovers and have a nice flaky crust that holds everything inside.
If you find this Turkey Pie (with a flakey buttery pie crust) recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.