Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best My Shepherd's pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to My Shepherd's pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Making the decision to eat healthily offers marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are suffering from health problems such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to lead a healthier lifestyle and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. It is likely that many people believe it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by implementing a few modest changes.
You can obtain results without having to remove foods from your diet or make considerable changes immediately. If you want to commit to a wholesale change, that is okay but the main thing at first is to try to make sure that you are making more healthy eating choices. Eventually, you will discover that you actually prefer to ingest healthy foods after you have eaten that way for some time. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will find that you no longer wish to eat the old diet.
To sum up, it is not hard to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to my shepherd's pie recipe. You can cook my shepherd's pie using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare My Shepherd's pie:
- Get of ground turkey or chop meat.
- Use of small onion.
- Prepare of beef broth.
- Prepare of corn kernals.
- Get of worcestershire sauce.
- Provide of green beans fresh or canned.
- Get of garlic.
- You need of potatoes.
- Get of cheddar cheese.
- Provide of milk.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- Provide of butter.
Instructions to make My Shepherd's pie:
- * i only use about a 1/4 of the can of beans and corn* Dice onions and mince garlic. Dice green beans into 1/4" bits. Mince garlic. Saute onions in a tablespoon of olive oil until starting to turn transparent. Then add beans, garlic and corn. Season with salt and pepper. Cook approx 5 mins..
- When veggies are done put in a bowl or plate to the side. Then start cooking turkey meat in same pan. Ground it up kinda like you would do a taco meat or chili. Cook fully. Then drain any fat..
- Throw veggies and meat back into pan. Add the 1/4 cup of beef broth and a good couple of squirts of Worcestershire sauce. Saute until the broth has been reduced a touch. About 5 to 7 mins. Taste to see if it needs salt and pepper. Turn off heat. Place to side..
- Boil a pot of water. Peel and cube potatoes. When fork tender. Drain water. Save a nice helping handful of cheese for topping. In bowl add potatoes, milk butter, cheddar cheese, salt and pepper. Mash the way you like your mash potatoes. I use a hand masher cause I like mine kinda thick..
- Pour meat and veggies into a corningware or Pyrex oven safe bowl or deep pan. Whatever you got that's deep. Then top with potatoes. Spread evenly so all the meat is covered. Then top off with extra cheese..
- Bake or broil in a hot ass oven until cheese is nice a melted. Serve and enjoy. Be careful cause its going to be hot.
Make a traditional Shepherd's Pie in the oven with ground beef. This simple, traditional dish with British origins is easy to make & healthy. Plus, it's the ultimate, classic comfort food & the very best hot meal to warm you up on a chilly night. Shepherd's pie with rich lamb and creamy mash is winter comfort food at its best. This one has a secret ingredient for extra savouriness.
If you find this My Shepherd's pie recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.