Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Malvani Clams Masala recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Malvani Clams Masala recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Use Food to Elevate Your Mood.
In general, people have been taught to think that “comfort” foods are not good for the body and must be avoided. However, if your comfort food is candy or junk food this is true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be altogether healthy and it’s good for you to eat them. There are several foods that, when you consume them, could improve your mood. If you feel a little bit down and you need a happiness pick me up, try a few of these.
It’s not hard to drive away your bad mood when you are eating grains. Quinoa, millet, teff and barley are all really excellent for helping boost your happiness levels. They can help you feel full for longer as well, which is a mood improver. It’s easy to feel low when you are starving! The reason these grains elevate your mood is that they are easy for your body to digest. These foods are easier to digest than others which helps promote a rise in your blood glucose which in turn kicks up your mood to a happier place.
As you can see, you don’t need to stuff your face with junk food when you are wanting to feel better! Try a couple of of these tips instead.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to malvani clams masala recipe. You can have malvani clams masala using 17 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Malvani Clams Masala:
- You need 250 g of fresh clams, washed and drained.
- Use 1 of large onion chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of freshly grated coconut.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coriander seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Provide 2-3 of dry red chilies.
- Get 1 of " ginger sliced.
- Use 6-8 of large garlic cloves.
- Use 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1/2-1 tsp of kashmiri red chilli powder.
- Provide 1 tsp of malvani masala.
- Get 1 tsp of garam masala powder.
- Take 1/2 cup of chopped coriander leaves.
- Take 3 tbsp of olive or coconut oil.
- Take 3-4 of kokum petals washed.
- Get 1 cup of water.
- Get to taste of Salt.
Steps to make Malvani Clams Masala:
- Boil the clams with little turmeric powder and salt for 5 minutes. Cool and discard empty shell of the clam keeping the meaty part along with shell intact..
- Heat a thick bottomed skillet..
- Dry roast coriander seeds, cumins seeds and red chilies till aromatic but not charred. Remove to a plate..
- Dry roast half the chopped onion till lightly colored stirring constantly..
- Add ginger, garlic, and coriander leaves (keep some aside for garnish). Dry roast till garlic is lightly colored..
- Add coconut and roast till coconut turns brown..
- Add few drops of oil and roast the masala well for a minute or so. Cool thoroughly..
- Grind all the roasted masala along with onion and coconut. Add little water to make smooth paste..
- In another pan, heat oil. Add remaining onions and stir till lightly caramelized..
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, and malvani masala. Stir well. add little water to loosen the masala. Keep stirring..
- Add the ground masala and saute till oil is released..
- Add kokum and clams along with salt to taste. Stir well to incorporate the masala with clams..
- Add water and cover the pan. Bring it to a simmer and cook for another 5 minutes..
- Switch off gas and transfer the clams to serving dish. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves..
Now add ground masala, salt and cook till all water is absorbed and a dry dish is got. Serve hot with rice as a side dish. This famed restaurant in malvan is serving authentic Malvani food bringing alive the tastes of Malvani preparation. Our Chefs are from the roots of Malvan region. These Chefs use exotic indian ingredients with innovative preparations served in a friendly and service oriented ambience.
If you find this Malvani Clams Masala recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.