Adzuki and Sweet Potato Yokan.
Hello everybody, it’s Brad, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, adzuki and sweet potato yokan. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Adzuki and Sweet Potato Yokan is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They are fine and they look wonderful. Adzuki and Sweet Potato Yokan is something which I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have adzuki and sweet potato yokan using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Adzuki and Sweet Potato Yokan:
- Take 200 grams of Sweet potato.
- Take 100 grams of Koshi-an or tsubu-an.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Salt.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of Maple syrup.
- Take 100 ml of Water.
- Take 2 grams of Kanten powder.
Steps to make Adzuki and Sweet Potato Yokan:
- Put the sweet potato in a rice cooker with 500 ml of water (not listed). Press Start and wait until the cooking is finished. Check with a skewer to see if it's cooked through. If it is not cooked enough press the Start button again until it's done (you can also microwave or boil the sweet potato if you'd prefer)..
- Peel the sweet potato and mash. Add salt and maple syrup and mix well..
- Make the kanten solution. Combine water and kanten in a sauce pan and bring to a boil, stirring with a balloon whisk. After bringing to a boil, reduce the heat to low and continue to cook and stir for 1 minute..
- Take 3 tablespoons of the kanten solution and add to the adzuki bean paste. Mix well..
- Transfer the bean paste to a container (I use a 15 x 10 x 4 cm plastic container). Flatten the surface and get rid of bubbles..
- Add the rest of the kanten solution to the sweet potato mash. Mix well..
- Transfer Step 6 to the container with the bean paste (make sure the anko has settled for at least 2 minutes before to let it settle a little and it will be easier to form). Press down tightly and do not leave bubbles between the adzuki and sweet potato..
- Place in the fridge and chill until set. (It will set even at room temperature.).
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food adzuki and sweet potato yokan recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!