Sweet Potato Yokan Hardened with Gelatin. Imo yokan is a Japanese gelatin made with Japanese sweet potato called satsuma-imo. Once it reaches a boil (or when steam begins to rise from the gap between the pan and the lid), steam. A traditional Japanese sweet potato dessert recipe, made with sweet potatoes, agar, and sugar.
As traditional as Japanese desserts come, this sweet treat combines sweet. A Japanese sweet potato dessert recipe. made with sweet potatoes , kanten ( agar or gulaman bar ) and sugar. Yokan is a Japanese sweet treat that has a form of a firm jelly.
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, sweet potato yokan hardened with gelatin. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Sweet Potato Yokan Hardened with Gelatin is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Sweet Potato Yokan Hardened with Gelatin is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
Imo yokan is a Japanese gelatin made with Japanese sweet potato called satsuma-imo. Once it reaches a boil (or when steam begins to rise from the gap between the pan and the lid), steam. A traditional Japanese sweet potato dessert recipe, made with sweet potatoes, agar, and sugar.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook sweet potato yokan hardened with gelatin using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Sweet Potato Yokan Hardened with Gelatin:
- Prepare 1 large of Sweet potato.
- Prepare 80 grams of Sugar.
- Get 100 ml of Water.
- Prepare 5 grams of ☆Gelatin powder.
- Get 2 tbsp of ☆Water.
Peel the sweet potatoes, cut in pieces and boil until soft. Mush or push through a tamis (recommended) while the potatoes are hot. Melt the agar powder in the water. Mizu yokan is a chilled Japanese dessert made of red (or white) bean jelly, popular in the summer.
Steps to make Sweet Potato Yokan Hardened with Gelatin:
- Put ☆ ingredients into a microwave safe container. Let the gelatin soak in water..
- Cut the sweet potato into about 2 cm cubes. Add just enough water to cover the potatoes and cook over medium heat until very soft..
- When potatoes are cooked to the point where they lose shape, drain well and return to the pan. Mash using a whisk..
- When potato is mashed and smooth, add sugar and water. Cook over low heat. Mix with a whisk until the sugar is dissolved. Take off the heat..
- Microwave the container from Step 1 with ☆ ingredients for 20 to 30 seconds. Pour over the potato mixture and mix well with a whisk..
- Pour into molds. Let cool in the refrigerator until set, preferably over 3 hours..
- Take them out of the mold and cut as desired..
- You can also use molds in a variety of shapes..
Mizu Yokan is a traditional Japanese dessert, or wagashi, as it is known in Japanese cuisine. Examples of additional ingredients include foods such as chopped chestnuts, sweet potato, and fruits. Place sweet potato in a pan of cold water and bring to the boil. Drain, return to the pan and mash until smooth. Sprinkle over gelatine and stir until it dissolves.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food sweet potato yokan hardened with gelatin recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!