Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Steamed Clams and Rice recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Steamed Clams and Rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Steamed Clams and Rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Make You Happy.
Many of us think that comfort foods are not good for us and that we must avoid them. Often, if your comfort food is basically candy or other junk foods, this is true. Otherwise, comfort foods can be very nourishing and good for you. Some foods really do raise your mood when you eat them. If you feel a little bit down and need a happiness pick me up, try a few of these.
Grains can be great for fighting a bad mood. Barley, millet, quinoa, etc are excellent at helping you feel happier. These grains fill you up better and that can help you with your moods also. Feeling hungry can be a real downer! The reason these grains are so wonderful for your mood is that they are not difficult for your body to digest and process. You digest these foods quicker than other foods which can help increase your blood sugar levels, which, in turn, helps make you feel more pleasant, mood wise.
As you can see, you don’t need to consume all that junk food when you want to feel better! Try a few of these tips instead.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to steamed clams and rice recipe. To cook steamed clams and rice you need 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Steamed Clams and Rice:
- Take 350 grams of Uncooked white rice.
- You need 150 grams of Manila clams.
- You need 1/4 of pack Shimeji mushrooms.
- Take 1/5 of Carrot.
- Get 1/2 of Thin aburaage.
- Get 1 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- Take 1 tsp of Mirin.
- Use 1 dash of Green onions or scallions.
- Prepare 1 of Shredded nori seaweed.
- Prepare of To parboil the clams.
- Prepare 25 ml of Cooking sake.
- You need 100 ml of Water.
Instructions to make Steamed Clams and Rice:
- Wash the rice and place in a strainer. Let it sit for 30 minutes..
- Remove the sand and saltwater from the clams. Julienne the carrots and shred the shimeji mushrooms..
- Add 25 ml of sake and 100 ml of water to a pot. Add the clams and turn on the heat. Once the shells have opened, turn off the heat..
- Strain the boiled liquid through a strainer into a bowl. Add enough water to bring the liquid to a total of 200 ml. Add soy sauce and mirin..
- Set aside 5-6 clams and remove the meat from the shells of the remaining clams. If they are cooked with the rice, the meat will become tough, so they will be added right after the rice has cooked..
- Put the rice, carrot, aburaage, and shimeji mushrooms into the earthenware pot. Also pour in the liquid from Step 4. If you add 4 or 5 raw clams used for making dashi, it will taste even better..
- Heat the earthenware pot on high heat. Once it begins to boil, lower the heat to low so that it doesn't boil over. Cook for 9 minutes..
- After 9 minutes has passed, turn the heat to high for just 10 seconds. Place the clam meat inside and immediately cover with the lid again..
- Wrap it up in a bath towel or something similar to retain the heat and steam for 5 minutes..
- Garnish with finely chopped green onion and it's done..
- If you make extra, you can have some onigiri rice balls!.
- Serve with some lightly pickled vegetables.. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/147206-lightly-pickled-vegetables.
Plump sake -steamed clams are folded in to the donabe rice, cooked with the combination of clam juice (from steaming) and dashi. My version uses extra amount (almost double or more) of clams compared to normal clam rice recipes, because I like to really enjoy the meaty clams in the rice! Bring to a boil, add the clams, cover and simmer until they open. Take the clams out and cook your rice in the clam broth that you just now have made. Serve the hot clams on a bed of rice with a lemon zest and and chopped parsely.
If you find this Steamed Clams and Rice recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.