Herby Slow Cooker Chicken Stew.
Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, herby slow cooker chicken stew. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Herby Slow Cooker Chicken Stew is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look fantastic. Herby Slow Cooker Chicken Stew is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have herby slow cooker chicken stew using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Herby Slow Cooker Chicken Stew:
- Make ready 5 of chicken thighs, skin and fat trimmed off,.
- Take 1 of medium leek, chopped into rings,.
- Make ready 2 of medium-large carrots, sliced into rings.
- Get 1 of red onion, sliced,.
- Get 8-10 of new potatoes,.
- Get 1 of small Swede, chopped,.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper to season,.
- Get 1 of reduced salt chicken stock cube,.
- Take 4 of heaped tsp chicken gravy granules,.
- Take 1 of level tsp garlic granules,.
- Make ready 1 tsp of dried mixed Italian herbs,.
- Take 1/2 tsp of dried rosemary, or a couple of sprigs of fresh,.
- Take 3/4 of mug of water, (around 200ml),.
- Get 1 tbsp of cornflour, mixed with 2 tbsp cold water until smooth,.
- Make ready of Garnish:.
- Take of Dried parsley (optional).
Instructions to make Herby Slow Cooker Chicken Stew:
- To the slow cooker (or large saucepan), add the chicken in first, followed by the stock cube (crumbled), dried spices, salt and pepper..
- Then add the gravy granules, garlic and veggies. Pour over the water..
- Leave to slow cook for 5-7 hours on a low heat. Check on it now and then and give it a stir..
- When the chicken is really tender, remove any bones that have come out from the thighs, (if using meat with bones in). Gently stir the stew and break up any larger chunks of chicken into bite sized pieces..
- At the end of cooking, around 15-20 minutes before serving stir through the cornflour mix to thicken the gravy. Garnish with a sprinkling of dried parsley once served..
- Great served alone or with some fresh crusty bread and butter. :).
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food herby slow cooker chicken stew recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!