Root Vegetable Stew with Red Wine (Vegan).
Hello everybody, it’s Louise, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, root vegetable stew with red wine (vegan). One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Root Vegetable Stew with Red Wine (Vegan) is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look fantastic. Root Vegetable Stew with Red Wine (Vegan) is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have root vegetable stew with red wine (vegan) using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Root Vegetable Stew with Red Wine (Vegan):
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic.
- Take 1 of Leek or onion.
- Make ready 2 of Bay leaves.
- Take 1 tsp of grated ginger (optional).
- Take 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- Make ready 4 of medium potatoes (or taro roots are good too!).
- Prepare 3 of carrots.
- Get 1 handful of rutabaga (or sunchokes/Jerusalem artichokes).
- Take 2-3 of small sweet potatoes and/or potatoes.
- Get 1/4 tsp of Nutmeg.
- Take 1 cup of Red wine.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Tomato paste.
- Take 1 Tbsp of Flour.
- Get 1 cup of Water.
- Prepare to taste of Salt & pepper.
- Take 1 Tbsp of Oil for sautéing, or more if needed.
- Make ready to taste of Parsley, chives, etc to garnish.
Instructions to make Root Vegetable Stew with Red Wine (Vegan):
- Prepare your carrots, potatoes and other veggies: Cut carrots into thumb-sized chunks. Peel potatoes/taro root and halve (or quarter if large). Cut any other veggies you might be using to the around the same size..
- Finely chop onion/leek, mince ginger if using, peel and crush garlic. Heat oil in a heavy pot and saute onion, ginger, garlic, bay leaves and thyme until onion starts to brown (10-12 minutes)..
- Add in other vegetables to pot along with 1.5 tsp salt, pepper, and 1/4 tsp nutmeg. Cook for 5 minutes on medium..
- Turn heat to high and add 1 cup of red wine. Scrape up any onion bits from the bottom of pot. Cook until wine is reduced to half..
- Turn heat to medium and add flour and tomato paste..
- Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes..
- Uncover, add 1 cup of water and stir. Cook until liquid is reduced to half again..
- Turn to low so vegetables are just simmering. Cover with lid and simmer for 20-25 minutes. You should end up with a nice thick broth by the end! Add salt & pepper if needed, sprinkle on some chives or parsley and serve!.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food root vegetable stew with red wine (vegan) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!