Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, rabbit casserole. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Rabbit Casserole is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Rabbit Casserole is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook rabbit casserole using 18 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Rabbit Casserole:
- Take of main casserole.
- Take 1 of whole Rabbit, cut into decent size pieces. Chop the kidneys if you have them).
- Get 1 large of onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 clove of of garlic, crushed.
- Take 2 of bramley apples, cut into chunks.
- Take 50 grams of plain flour (inside a foodbag).
- Get 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Take 900 ml of vegetable stock.
- Prepare 1 of whole swede, cut into small pieces.
- Take 3 of carrots (roughly chopped).
- Prepare 2 of parsnips, cut into small slices.
- Prepare 1 of handful of spinach leaves.
- Make ready of dumplings.
- Prepare 100 grams of self raising flour.
- Make ready 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Get 2 tbsp of dried mixed herbs.
- Prepare 50 ml of milk ( be prepared you may need more).
- Make ready 1 of salt and pepper.
Instructions to make Rabbit Casserole:
- Pre-heat the oven to 170°c / 150°c fan oven..
- Heat 3tbsp of olive oil in a large frying pan to a medium heat..
- Place the rabbit in the food bag and shake to coat the meat in flour..
- Take the meat out and place it in the frying pan to brown..
- Once browned, remove and put to one side. Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook on a low heat for 2-3 mins..
- Add the carrots and the apple to the pan and cook for a further 2mins..
- Tip the contents into a cast iron pot (or other oven friendly pot)..
- Add the rabbit..
- Place the kidney in the frying pan and brown. Then pour in the stock and cook on a medium heat, allowing to bubble for 1-2 mins..
- Tip the stock and kidneys into the pot and stir/mix all the contents together. Put the lid on the pot and place in the oven for 1 hour..
- Put the swede and parsnip into the pot and return to cook for another 30mins..
- Meanwhile, place the self raising flour in a bowl..
- Pour in 3tbsp of olive oil, add the mixed herbs and abit of salt and pepper..
- Gradually pour in the milk little by little until the mixture combines into a workable density. Firm but not soggy..
- Place the dumplings in the pot, pressing down to cover them in the stock and cook with lid on for 25mins (or until a skewer can pierce and come out clean)..
- Remove the pot from the oven, add the spinach and cook for 5mins..
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food rabbit casserole recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!