Mama’s cornbread dressing. Crumbled cornbread, chopped hard-boiled eggs, onion, garlic, sage and celery are in this stuffing or dressing. Mama's Cornbread Dressing – Cowboy Kent Rollins. My Mama made the best cornbread dressing, but I never wrote down the recipe.
I don't know why Mama only made it, then! I've broken that tradition by making it anytime I get hungry for it. However, when it's stuffed inside of the turkey, it's even better!
Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, mama’s cornbread dressing. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Crumbled cornbread, chopped hard-boiled eggs, onion, garlic, sage and celery are in this stuffing or dressing. Mama's Cornbread Dressing – Cowboy Kent Rollins. My Mama made the best cornbread dressing, but I never wrote down the recipe.
Mama’s cornbread dressing is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They are nice and they look fantastic. Mama’s cornbread dressing is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have mama’s cornbread dressing using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Mama’s cornbread dressing:
- Take 1 1/2 of pans of cornbread.
- Take 1 of egg.
- Take 11/2 Tablespoons of sage.
- Get 1/4 cup of chopped celery.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped bell pepper.
- Take 1/4 cup of chopped onion.
- Get 2 cups of or more pan drippings from fully cooked poultry (chicken, turkey,duck) or chicken broth enough so that cornbread is saturated.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of yellow mustard.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of poultry season.
- Take 1 stick of melted butter.
Combine toasted bread and cornbread in a large bowl and mix. Add onions and celery plus their cooking liquid, the salt, pepper, sage, and poultry seasoning and mix thoroughly. Mammy's Cornbread Dressing recipe: This is a Louisiana Style Cornbread Dressing. Bring chicken stock and Lipton onion soup mix to a boil.
Steps to make Mama’s cornbread dressing:
- Break up cornbread in large bowl add dry ingredients and wet ingredients and mix thoroughly..
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Pour dressing into greased oven safe dish and bake uncovered for 40-45 minutes. Tester should come out clean..
- Remove from oven and let stand several minutes. Serve warm.
Put the cornbread dressing into a large bowl. View photos and entire recipe article HERE. Crumble cornbread into pieces uniform in size with the herb stuffing. Add cornbread and stuffing to a large bowl; set aside. This dressing recipe from The Scuffletown Cookbook includes one of the Lumbee standard food items — cornbread.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food mama’s cornbread dressing recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!