Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Raw Clams on the Halfshell recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Raw Clams on the Halfshell recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Raw Clams on the Halfshell recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Food Items You Pick To Feed On Are Going To Effect Your Health.
On the subject of the foods that you eat, you will recognize that your overall health can be effected either positively or perhaps negatively. You should also comprehend that there are foods that you will want to avoid at all costs and that would be the majority of food you find at the fast food chain restaurants. The foods that you will get from these fast food places are foods that are extremely unhealthy, loaded with fat and usually have little to no nourishment. In this article we’re going to be going over foods that you ought to be eating that can help you stay healthy and balanced.
Every person likes to have dessert just after their meals and if you are one of those folks you may want to consider some citrus fruit. In addition to vitamin C, you will realize that there are many other health benefits that you will find in these kinds of fruits. One desert that I have always enjoyed is orange pieces mixed together with shredded coconut and mixed together with a light honey dressing.
Following a number of the suggestions above you will find that you will end up living a healthier life. The pre packaged highly processed foods that you can discover in any store is also not good for you and as an alternative you should be cooking fresh nutritious foods.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to raw clams on the halfshell recipe. You can cook raw clams on the halfshell using 4 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Raw Clams on the Halfshell:
- Use 2 dozen of fresh live clams (little neck or cherrystone are best to eat raw).
- You need 1 of lemon.
- You need 1 of tobasco sauce.
- Get 1 of cocktail sauce.
Instructions to make Raw Clams on the Halfshell:
- Keep clams on ice (easier to open them & best served chilled) open with a clam knife & best to hold the clam with a dishtowel as to not slice open your hand. Press knife at the seam of the hinge & press hard, when knife slides in run it through the clam to open it. Open sideways as to not lose the juice. Discard the top shell & run knife under the clam to release from bottom shell..
- Put a leaf of lettuce on the bottom of the dish & fill with ice. Place half a dozen clams on top of the ice. Serve with a wedge of lemon, tobasco sauce & cocktail sauce..
- Squeeze lemon juice over the clams. Add a couple of drops of tobasco sauce & small teaspoon of cocktail sauce & suck them right out of the shell..
For oysters and clams in the shell: Do not cook too many oysters or clams in the same pot because the ones in the middle might not get fully cooked. Cook live oysters or clams in boiling water for four to five minutes after shells open. Steam live oysters or clams four to nine minutes in a steamer that is already steaming. Using the knife, cut the muscle away from the top shell, bend the shell back, and discard it. Run the knife underneath the oyster to detach it completely, but leave it in its shell.
If you find this Raw Clams on the Halfshell recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.