Southern Skillet Cornbread.
Hello everybody, it’s Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, southern skillet cornbread. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Southern Skillet Cornbread is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Southern Skillet Cornbread is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook southern skillet cornbread using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Southern Skillet Cornbread:
- Get 3 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Make ready 2 cups of buttermilk.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of yellow cornmeal.
- Get 1/2 cup of flour.
- Make ready 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of kosher salt.
- Take 2 tsp of granulated sugar (or 1-2 tbsp molasses).
- Get 1 tbsp of high-smokepoint fat, like bacon grease or canola oil.
Instructions to make Southern Skillet Cornbread:
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Add fat to a 10-in cast iron skillet and put into the oven while preheating..
- Melt butter and set aside to cool..
- Beat eggs. Whisk in buttermilk. Slowly stream in butter while whisking. Add molasses, if desired..
- In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients (cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar). Add wet ingredients and whisk thoroughly..
- Remove cast iron from oven when it reaches temp. Rotate/twist to ensure even coating of grease..
- Quickly add batter to center of pan (it will bubble and sizzle a LOT!). Gently spread out if needed (don't scrape the pan)..
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until deeply browned and pulling away from the sides. Cool 15 minutes in the pan. Serve while still warm, with butter and honey..
- The original recipe, from my spouse's great grandma..
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food southern skillet cornbread recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!