Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Veggie shepherd’s pie with celeriac topping recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Veggie shepherd’s pie with celeriac topping recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Veggie shepherd’s pie with celeriac topping recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Make You Happy.
In general, people have been trained to think that “comfort” foods are not good for the body and have to be avoided. Often, if your comfort food is candy or another junk food, this is very true. Otherwise, comfort foods can be very nutritious and good for you. There are several foods that, when you eat them, can better your mood. If you seem to be a little bit down and you’re needing an emotional pick me up, try several of these.
Green tea is truly excellent for your mood. You knew it had to be included in this article, right? Green tea has been found to be packed full of an amino acid known as L-theanine. Research has proved that this amino acid promotes the production of brain waves. This will improve your brain’s focus while simultaneously loosening up the rest of your body. You likely already knew it is not difficult to be healthy when you consume green tea. Now you know that green tea can elevate your mood too!
So you see, you don’t have to turn to junk food or foods that are bad for you so you can feel better! Try a couple of of these hints instead.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to veggie shepherd’s pie with celeriac topping recipe. To make veggie shepherd’s pie with celeriac topping you need 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Veggie shepherd’s pie with celeriac topping:
- Prepare of Pie filling.
- Get 1 tin of green lentils.
- Provide 1 of pouch / sachet puy lentils (I used merchant gourmet).
- Take 1 of white onion finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of carrots finely chopped.
- Provide 1 stick of celery finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped.
- Get 2 tbsp of tikka spice.
- Provide 1 tbsp of garam masala.
- Use 2 tbsp of tomato purée.
- Take 1 tbsp of siracha.
- Take 1 tin of chopped tomatoes.
- You need 250 ml of vegetable stock.
- Take 1-2 tbsp of fresh thyme.
- Get 1 of bay leaf.
- You need of Seasoning.
- Prepare of Celeriac mash.
- Use 1 of whole celeriac peeled and chopped into chunks.
- You need 2-3 of potatoes peeled and chopped into chunks.
- Provide 1 tsp of butter.
- Get of Seasoning.
- Get of Dried breadcrumbs.
- You need of Parmesan cheese (optional).
Instructions to make Veggie shepherd’s pie with celeriac topping:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees c.
- Heat a tbsp oil in a large pan and slowly fry the onions for 3-4 mins. Then add the carrots, celery, garlic and some salt. Cook for 5 mins, then add the spices and cook for another 3-5 mins until the veg is soft..
- Add the lentils, tomato purée, tinned tomatoes, siracha, stock and herbs and simmer for 15 minutes until the stock reduces. Add a little water if it gets too dry..
- Meanwhile add the celeriac, potatoes and a little salt to a pot of cold water and bring to the boil. Once boiling, turn down and simmer for 15 minutes until soft..
- Taste the lentils and add a little more seasoning if needed. Then add them to an ovenproof dish..
- Mash the celeriac and potatoes with the butter and add to the top of the lentils. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and place in the oven for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes remove and sprinkle with cheese (optional) and return to the oven for another 20 minutes until the topping is golden. Serve 🤤.
Place the Maris Pipers into a large pan of cold salted water over a medium heat. To make the filling, heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the carrots, mushrooms and garlic and continue to. Cottage Pie (Shepherd's Pie) with Celeriac, Sweet Potato Mash A little twist on a classic – ground beef with carrots, peas and corn topped with mashed celeriac, sweet potatoes and regular potatoes. Celeriac mash is a lovely, lighter topping.
If you find this Veggie shepherd’s pie with celeriac topping recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.