Hello everybody, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, mexican cornbread. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Mexican Cornbread is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Mexican Cornbread is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have mexican cornbread using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Mexican Cornbread:
- Prepare 2 cups of self-rising cornmeal.
- Take 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- Take 1 of small onion, chopped.
- Get 1 (15 ounce) of can cream-style corn.
- Take 1 cup of buttermilk.
- Make ready 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Make ready 1 of small red or green bell pepper, chopped.
- Take 1-2 of jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped.
Steps to make Mexican Cornbread:
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and flour a 13×9 in. baking dish..
- Combine cornmeal and sugar in a medium bowl. Stir in oil and eggs. Add onion, corn, buttermilk, cheese, bell pepper and jalapeño peppers and stir to combine. (You can cook a half pound of ground beef and drain and mix it in here if you want.).
- Pour batter into pan and bake uncovered about 1 hour or until brown. Cut into squares. Enjoy!.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food mexican cornbread recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!