Venison Cornbread Squares. Venison Cornbread Casserole is a casserole with venison, beans, sweet corn and everything but the kitchen sink, topped with Venison Cornbread Casserole. Simple corn bread recipe, known as mealie bread in South Africa, it goes nice with any barbeque. I also make some delicious venison steaks full recipe below.
Serve chili and cornbread with dollops of sour cream, lime zest and fresh cilantro leaves. This recipe has been updated and may differ from what was originally published or broadcast. Mexican cornbread casserole is a south-of-the-border inspired main dish and will be a family favorite of kids and adults alike.
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, venison cornbread squares. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Venison Cornbread Casserole is a casserole with venison, beans, sweet corn and everything but the kitchen sink, topped with Venison Cornbread Casserole. Simple corn bread recipe, known as mealie bread in South Africa, it goes nice with any barbeque. I also make some delicious venison steaks full recipe below.
Venison Cornbread Squares is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Venison Cornbread Squares is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook venison cornbread squares using 13 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Venison Cornbread Squares:
- Make ready 1 of to 2 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- Get 1 lb of ground venison ( I used elk).
- Get 1/4 cup of diced onion.
- Take 1/4 cup of diced green pepper.
- Make ready 1 of clove garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chili powder.
- Get 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of grated American cheese.
- Take 2 tbsp of cold water.
- Prepare 2 tsp of cornstarch.
- Get 1 cup of canned tomatoes, cut up ( I used diced).
- Make ready 2 tbsp of canned green chilies, diced.
- Get 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
There's more to venison than just backstrap, tenderloin and hamburger. Venison is versatile, but it would be a mistake to expect the same results from every part of a deer. If you like cornbread, try this recipe. If you like cornbread, try this recipe.
Instructions to make Venison Cornbread Squares:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a skillet, heat oil,and cook venison, onion,green pepper, garlic, chili powder, and salt until meat is browned.
- Set meat mixture aside.
- Prepare c o r bread batter recipe below.
- Pour half of the cornbread batter in a well greased 8x12x2 inch baking dish.
- Spoon venison mixture over batter..
- Sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Spread remaining batter over the cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30 to 35 minutes until cornbread is done.
- Let it stand for 5 minutes before cutting into Squares..
- In a small saucepan , blend cold water and cornstarch until smooth.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes, green chilies, and Worcester shire sauce.
- Cook and stir until thickened. And serve sauce over cornbread squares. Serves 6.
- CORNBREAD BATTER.
- I cup sifted flour..4 teaspoons baking powder. ..1 cup yellow cornmeal… 1 cup milk… 1/4 cup sugar… 3/4 teaspoon salt… 2 eggs…1/4 cup softened shortening.
- Sift flour with, baking powder and salt, and sugar. Stir in cornmeal..
- Add eggs, milk and shortening.
- Beat until almost smooth, do not over beat.
Complete with Mexican-flavored ground venison filling and lots of cheese, it moves cornbread from a side dish to the main. Featured Best Selling Alphabetically, A-Z Alphabetically, Z-A Price, low to high Price, high to low Date, new to old Date, old to new. I used ground venison to make the chili filling because This low carb and keto friendly Cornbread Casserole made with ground venison is comfort food at its best! Crockpot Venison Roast is a tasty, low fat and great comfort food recipe. With all the deer meat I have in my freezer I Layers of cornbread, red enchilada sauce, spicy ground venison and cheddar.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food venison cornbread squares recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!