Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Sweet potato, Swede and spring greens gratin recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sweet potato, Swede and spring greens gratin recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sweet potato, Swede and spring greens gratin recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Can Make You Happy.
Many of us have been trained to think that comfort foods are bad and should be avoided. At times, if the comfort food is a sugary food or some other junk food, this is true. Other times, comfort foods can be very nutritious and good for us to eat. Several foods honestly do elevate your mood when you consume them. When you are feeling a little down and need an emotional pick-me-up, test out a few of these.
Green tea is actually good for your mood. You were sure green tea had to be mentioned, right? Green tea is chock-full of an amino acid called L-theanine. Research has discovered that this amino acid stimulates the production of brain waves. This will improve your brain’s focus while simultaneously loosening up the rest of your body. You probably already knew it is not difficult to be healthy when you consume green tea. Now you know that green tea can elevate your mood as well!
Now you can see that junk food isn’t necessarily what you need to eat when you are wanting to help your moods get better. Try a few of these tips instead.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sweet potato, swede and spring greens gratin recipe. You can cook sweet potato, swede and spring greens gratin using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Sweet potato, Swede and spring greens gratin:
- Take 1 of large onion (approx 260g), cut in half and sliced.
- Use 1 of medium swede (approx 500g), diced, 1cm by 1cm.
- Prepare 2 of sweet potatoes (approx 500g) diced, 1cm by 2cm.
- Take 250 g of spring greens, stalk cut out.
- Take 7 of sage leaves, finely chopped.
- Get 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 250 ml of double cream.
- You need 100 ml of milk.
- You need 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Take 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Provide 50 g of Parmesan, grated.
- Prepare of Nutmeg (4 or 5 rasps).
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
Steps to make Sweet potato, Swede and spring greens gratin:
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- In a large saucepan add the oil and butter and place on medium heat..
- Add the sliced onions and stir. Cook on medium heat to soften but not colour, for around 8 minutes..
- Add in the garlic and fry for 1 minute then stir..
- Add the diced swede and potato and coat in the butter and oil. Season with a few twists of salt and pepper..
- After you have cut out the stalk of the spring greens, roll them into a sausage shape and chop into fine slices. Add to the pan and stir..
- In a separate bowl add the cream, milk, nutmeg and sage. Add a little more seasoning and stir. Add this mixture to the pan and coat all of the veg..
- Tip all the contents of the pan into an oven proof dish (24cm by 25cm), cover with tin foil and bake for 1 1/4 -1 1/2 hours. After half of the cooking time, take off the foil and sprinkle over the parmesan and bake uncovered for the rest of the cooking time..
- If the top is becoming too brown, place the foil over again. Cooking time will vary if you use a different sized dish. Cook until the swede is soft..
- Serve with a green salad, bread or as a side dish to meats..
Growing sweet potatoes in water is easier than you think. Simply buy a small organic sweet potato from your local grocer and place the tip in water. Leave in a sunny spot and watch it grow roots and leaves. The sweet potato propagation process takes a couple of weeks but your yam plant will make a spectacular centrepiece in your home. Sweet Potato Gratin Gratin is not only something you can make with regular potatoes.
If you find this Sweet potato, Swede and spring greens gratin recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.