Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Chestnut Buns recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chestnut Buns recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chestnut Buns recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is now a lot more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who are suffering from conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Although we’re always being counseled to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. People typically think that healthy diets call for much work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by implementing a few simple changes.
Initially, you should be extremely careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your cart that you no longer wish to eat. For example, in all likelihood you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see its sugar content. A superb healthy option can be porridge oats which have been proven to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy every day. Add fruits or spices to improve the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a normal part of your new healthy eating regimen.
To sum up, it is easy to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chestnut buns recipe. To cook chestnut buns you need 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Chestnut Buns:
- You need of For the dough.
- Get 170 grams of Bread (strong) flour.
- Take 20 grams of Whole wheat flour (cake flour type).
- Provide 5 grams of Roasted wheat germ.
- Get 5 grams of Pure cocoa powder.
- Prepare 15 grams of Soft brown sugar.
- You need 3 grams of Salt.
- You need 3 grams of Dry yeast.
- Use 1/2 of of a large egg Egg.
- Use 80 of to 90 ml Milk.
- Provide 10 grams of Butter.
- Get 1 of Poppy seeds.
- Use 1 of the egg left over from making the dough Egg for glazing.
- You need of For the paste filling.
- You need 1 small of jar Sweet chestnuts in sugar syrup.
- You need 200 grams of Mashed sweet potatoes.
Instructions to make Chestnut Buns:
- I bought this jar of chestnuts in sugar syrup at a 100 yen shop. It contains 145 g, of which 75 g is solid. There were 10 chestnuts, so I chopped up 4 to mix into the sweet potato paste, and used the rest whole, one per bun..
- Make the sweet potato paste filling. Put the mashed sweet potatoes and the chestnuts in syrup in a pan (add the syrup) and simmer to reduce. Add sugar if you like..
- Prepare the bread dough. Put all the ingredients from the flour to the salt in the ingredient list in a bowl (keep the salt and yeast apart in the bowl). Warm the milk in the microwave, and pour over the yeast. Start mixing and kneading the dough..
- Add the butter halfway through and knead it in. Round the dough off into a smooth ball, cover with a tightly wrung out moistened kitchen towel and plastic wrap, and leave for the 1st rising until doubled in volume..
- Punch down the dough and divide it. I divided it into 6 portions this time. Cover the dough with a moist kitchen towel again and rest for 15 minutes..
- Deflate the dough again, and form into buns with the paste filling. I made round buns first and then kind of made them into chestnut shapes. Place the buns with the seam sides down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper..
- Cover again with the moistened kitchen towel and plastic wrap, and leave for the 2nd rising. It's done when it has doubled in volume. Pinch the pointy ends to make the buns more chestnut shaped..
- Brush the buns with the remaining egg, and sprinkle on the white poppy seeds. Bake at 180°C for about 13 minutes and they're done!.
- The buns are about this size..
- They look like this in the middle. I used 45 g of paste filling per bun and had some left over, so if you stuff the buns a bit more you should be able to use it all up..
- I these are made with dark brown sugar (20 g) instead of light brown sugar. The buns became a little bit darker..
- This one is stuffed half and half withChestnut paste and chunky red bean paste..
If you find this Chestnut Buns recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.