Sausage plait. Tuck the ends of the pastry under the plait, trimming off excess if necessary. Brush the plait with beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds. The sausage meat is wrapped in rough puff pastry, or puff pastry.
This savoury slice is a hybrid of a sausage roll and a pork pie. Sausagemeat and boiled eggs are wrapped in buttery puff pastry and baked. Really simple to make, especially if, like me, you use ready made gluten free pastry!
Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, sausage plait. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Tuck the ends of the pastry under the plait, trimming off excess if necessary. Brush the plait with beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds. The sausage meat is wrapped in rough puff pastry, or puff pastry.
Sausage plait is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Sausage plait is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have sausage plait using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Sausage plait:
- Prepare 1 packet of jus roll puff pastry.
- Take 2 tbsp of stuffing mix.
- Get 250 g of minced pork.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of apple sauce.
- Get 1 of egg.
I've added apple for moisture and celery for a little crunch but this meal is so flexible so have fun with it. Take each strip separately and plait across the filling alternating each side. Tuck in the ends to neaten! Try this sausage plait with caramelised onions recipe from Tesco Real Food.
Instructions to make Sausage plait:
- In a bowl add hot water to stuffing mix or crumble up a bit of stuffing leftover from a previous meal. When moist add the pork mince and use hands to mix together..
- On baking parchment lay out the pastry. Apply the meat mixture to the central third of the rectangle. Make a small indent down the centre of the meat to put a line of apple sauce in..
- Next snip the sides of the pastry into strips about 1.5cm in width. Fold the top and bottom pastry over on the narrow sides. Alternate laying the strips over the meat to create the plait effect..
- Brush the plait top with beaten egg and put into a 220°oven for approximately 20 mins..
A simple twist on a traditional sausage roll using fresh thyme and rosemary. Use this clever plaiting technique to create an easy homemade sausage roll. Sausage Plait – Recipe – Connie Consumes. Connie has been consuming sausage rolls for years This giant sausage plait is spiked with caramelised onions and sweet grated apple, then topped with. This Sausage Plait recipe is made from sausage meat, apples and a light puff pastry.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food sausage plait recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!