Coconut Cream Pie.
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, coconut cream pie. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Coconut Cream Pie is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Coconut Cream Pie is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have coconut cream pie using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Coconut Cream Pie:
- Make ready 13 1/2 Ounces of coconut milk , shaken well.
- Prepare + 1 tablespoon of sweetened shredded or flaked cocon 1/2 Cup.
- Prepare 1 Cup of milk whole.
- Take 1 Teaspoon of vanilla.
- Make ready 2/3 Cup of sugar.
- Make ready 1/4 Teaspoon of salt.
- Get 5 of egg yolks large.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of cornstarch.
- Make ready 1/2 Teaspoon of coconut extract.
- Prepare four 2 Tablespoon of unsalted butter , cut into pieces.
- Prepare 1 1/2 Cups of whipping cream heavy , well chilled.
- Prepare 1 1/2 Tablespoons of sugar.
- Make ready 1/4 Cup of coconut sweetened shredded or flaked , toasted.
- Prepare 1 Ounce of chocolate white , shaved.
Instructions to make Coconut Cream Pie:
- Heat oven to 450°F..
- Unroll pie crust onto cooking parchment or wax paper. Brush a small amount of coconut milk onto dough (just enough to moisten it). Sprinkle 1/2 tablespoon of the toasted coconut evenly on dough, then press it lightly into dough, just enough to make it stick..
- Sprinkle 1/2 tablespoon toasted coconut onto bottom of 9-inch pie plate, then form dough into plate. Prick bottom and side with fork. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light brown. Cool..
- Heat the remaining coconut milk, the whole milk, 1/2 cup toasted coconut, vanilla bean, 1/3 cup of the sugar and the salt to a simmer in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon, about 5 minutes to dissolve sugar..
- In a separate large bowl, with whisk, beat the egg yolks, remaining 1/3 cup sugar and the cornstarch until well combined. Gradually beat the simmering liquid into the yolk mixture to temper it, then return the entire mixture to saucepan, scraping the bowl with a rubber spatula. Discard vanilla bean..
- Heat the mixture to a simmer over medium heat, beating constantly with whisk, 5 to 6 minutes or until mixture is thickened..
- Remove from heat; beat in the coconut extract and butter. Pour into the cooled crust; press a sheet of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the filling and refrigerate until the filling is cold and firm, at least 3 hours or overnight..
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food coconut cream pie recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!