Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash.
Hello everybody, it’s Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, sausage stuffed acorn squash. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash is something that I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook sausage stuffed acorn squash using 23 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash:
- Prepare of Squash.
- Prepare 2 small of Acorn squash.
- Take 1 tbsp of butter melted.
- Make ready 1/4 tsp of ground sage.
- Take 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- Get 1 tsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare of Stuffing.
- Prepare 1 lb of pork sausage.
- Prepare 1 small of red onion diced.
- Prepare 2 of ribs of celery diced.
- Get 6 of mushrooms chopped.
- Prepare 1 of apple peeled and grated.
- Get 1 tsp of garlic.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of fresh parsley.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground sage.
- Take 1 cup of fine breadcrumbs.
- Get 1 tbsp of parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dried cranberries chopped.
- Make ready 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of garlic.
- Take 1 of egg beaten with 1 tsp milk.
- Get 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
Instructions to make Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash:
- Cut squash in half and remove the seeds.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter and add sage and garlic powder.
- Paint the inside of the squash with butter mixture and bake in the oven at 350°F for 40 mins. If squash looks dry cover with tinfoil to help steam it for 15 mins.
- Fry off pork sausage, drain fat, reserve 2-3 tbsps of fat for frying vegetables. Put cooked pork in a large bowl, set aside.
- In frying pan add onion cook till translucent, add celery cook 2-3 mins, add mushrooms cook 2-3 mins, add apple cook 2-3 mins then add to pork in the bowl.
- In the bowl with the pork and veg add salt and pepper to taste, sage, breadcrumbs, cranberries, walnuts, parsley, parmesan, garlic and beaten egg and mix well with your hands.
- Divide the sausage mixture into 4 portions and fill the squash return to the oven for another 30 mins.
- Serve with steamed veg on the side and chunk of buttery garlic bread.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food sausage stuffed acorn squash recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!