Mike's Deconstructed Apple Pie. Try our Killer key Lime pie, apple crumb pie and cheesecakes. In today's show, mike will be making an easy apple pie recipe that was my Grandma's old fashioned apple pie, along with mom's spectacular pie crust! The filling for this Apple Pie Deconstructed relies on the natural sweetness of apples, blueberries, and strawberries and calls for just half a tablespoon of brown sugar.
Deconstructed Apple Pie is in a way just having fun with food. I have basically used all of the same ingredients as a traditional apple pie but combined them differently. The dish is actually Apple Confit with a Tuile Biscuit, Cheddar Crisp and a Salted Caramel Sauce.
Hey everyone, it’s Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, mike's deconstructed apple pie. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Mike's Deconstructed Apple Pie is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Mike's Deconstructed Apple Pie is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
Try our Killer key Lime pie, apple crumb pie and cheesecakes. In today's show, mike will be making an easy apple pie recipe that was my Grandma's old fashioned apple pie, along with mom's spectacular pie crust! The filling for this Apple Pie Deconstructed relies on the natural sweetness of apples, blueberries, and strawberries and calls for just half a tablespoon of brown sugar.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook mike's deconstructed apple pie using 22 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's Deconstructed Apple Pie:
- Make ready of Apple Boil.
- Take 5 of medium Apples [your choice-peeled-de-seeded].
- Get 1 tsp of Cinnamon [or 2 tbs cinnamon/sugar mixture].
- Take 2 cup of Water [or, just enough to cover apples].
- Prepare 1 of Raisins.
- Make ready of Apple Mixture Binder.
- Make ready 1 stick of Real Salted Butter [or 1/2 cup].
- Make ready 1/3 cup of Light Brown Sugar.
- Get 1/3 tsp of Cinnamon.
- Take 1/4 tsp of Nutmeg.
- Take 1 of Lemon Juice [drop by drop].
- Get 2 tbsp of Cornstarch [+2 tbs water-mix together in seperate small bowl].
- Make ready of Pastry Dough.
- Make ready 1 of Pepperidge Farm Pastry Dough.
- Make ready of Garnish – Sides.
- Make ready 1 packages of Light Whipped Cream Topping.
- Make ready 1 dash of Cinnamon.
- Make ready 1 dash of Nutmeg.
- Make ready 1 of Red Apple [sliced].
- Take 1 of Powdered Sugar.
- Take of Warm Caramel.
- Get of Warm Chocolate.
Pie-making is a fiddly business, and most novice attempts fall far short of presentable – or edible. All the important components of apple pie (apples, pecans, brown sugar) are cooked and spooned over ice cream in this deconstructed sundae. Deconstructed Apple Pie Sundae. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Mike: Yes, we have a lot of apples.
Steps to make Mike's Deconstructed Apple Pie:
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- De-thaw pastry sheet on counter for about 30 minutes..
- Peel, de-seed and 1" chop apples and place in pot with enough water to cover. Add everything in the Apple Boil section to the apples. Boil for about 11 – 13 minutes. You'll want a slight crisp to your apples so don't over boil..
- Cut your pastry dough into what shapes you'd like. Begin baking your pastry. Usually, it'll take about 15 minutes but read manufactures baking directions..
- Drain apples and place back in pot. Add everything [except corn starch] in the Apple Mixture Binder section and heat. To thicken: Mix corn starch in water and mix. Add 1/2 to your mixture and allow to bubble up again. Add the rest if you want this mixture thicker. Add additional brown sugar or tame the sweetness with lemon juice..
- Allow pastries to cool and split them in halves. Smear a layer of whipped cream and your apple mixture and sprinkle it with cinnamon or nutmeg. Top it with another pastry half. Save the domes for your tops. Repeat step for as many layers as you'd like..
- Serve immediately with forks and knives. Garnish any way you'd like or choose from the Garnish – Side Section. Either way, have fun and enjoy!.
How many do we have to use? Cathy: I think six large apples will be fine. Cathy: Oh.we don't have any sugar! We can't make apple pie without sugar. Apple pie is a staple holiday dessert in any kitchen.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food mike's deconstructed apple pie recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!