French Silk Pie. This creamy and indulgent French silk pie combines my best flaky pie crust, smooth-as-silk chocolate filling, and fresh whipped cream on top. French Silk Pie is a chocolate lover's fantasy. Flaky, buttery pie crust with rich chocolate filling, topped with whipped cream and chocolate shavings!
French Silk Pie is actually super easy to make, the hardest part is waiting for the chocolate filling to solidify. Yes, it's hard and it totally stinks. A creamy French silk pie that starts with my favorite pie crust, then loaded with a silky smooth and mousse-like chocolate filling and topped with fresh whipped cream.
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, french silk pie. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
This creamy and indulgent French silk pie combines my best flaky pie crust, smooth-as-silk chocolate filling, and fresh whipped cream on top. French Silk Pie is a chocolate lover's fantasy. Flaky, buttery pie crust with rich chocolate filling, topped with whipped cream and chocolate shavings!
French Silk Pie is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. French Silk Pie is something that I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook french silk pie using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make French Silk Pie:
- Get 1 sheet of refrigerated pie pastry or one you prepared yourself.
- Make ready 2/3 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Make ready 1 3/4 oz of unsweetened chocolate, 1/4 ounce semisweet chocolate melted together.
- Get 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Butter, softened.
- Make ready 2/3 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- Make ready 2 1/2 tsp of Confectioner sugar.
- Take 1 of Whipped cream and chocolate curls (optional).
And the best part – no raw eggs! French Silk Pie features an Oreo cookie crust, rich and creamy chocolate filling, and is topped with homemade whipped cream and chocolate shavings! This Homemade French Silk Pie is made completely from scratch and is even more delicious than the famous version from Village Inn (or Baker's Square for my Midwest-dwelling friends)!! But I had to drive home the point, man.
Steps to make French Silk Pie:
- Cut pastry sheet in half. Repackage one half for another day. On a lightly floured surface, roll out out remaining half into an 8 inch circle. Tranfer to a 7inch pie plate; flute edges..
- Line shell with a double thickness foil. Bake at 450° F for 4 minutes. Romove foil. Bake 2 minutes longer. Cool on wire rack..
- In a small sauce pan, combine sugar and eggs until blended well. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture reaches 160° F and coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla extract and the melted chocolate until smooth. Cool to lukewarm (90°F), stirring occasionally..
- In a small bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Add cooled chocolate mixture; beat on high speed for 5 minutes or until light and fluffly.
- In another large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioner sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into chocolate mixture..
- Pour into crust. Chill for at least 6 hours. A whole day is preferred. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate curls.
This easy French Silk Pie is made with a fluffy, rich chocolate filling and no bake Oreo crust, topped with sweetened whipped cream and chocolate shavings. Easier than most, and no raw eggs! French Silk Pie is a creamy, chocolatey decadent dessert topped with homemade whipped cream and chocolate shavings. There is no need to buy one pre-made after you give this recipe a shot! French Silk Pie – chocolate lovers look no further for a pie to make this holiday season.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food french silk pie recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!